Charge Port on Phev Broken- is this common?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhauni

Hi

I have 2018 Phev. The charge port on the Phev, for the home wall charger(Rolec) has broken so I can no longer charge the Phev.

Is this a common problem? The wall charger is 4 years old. It charges a Nissan Leaf every day and the Mitsubishi Phev. No problems with the Leaf.

Mitsubishi say the Rolec charger is not their recommended charger so they will not warranty the broken port. One of the pins in the port keeps pushing in. You can push it back out if you push the rubber mounting inside the wheel arch. It will charge again but you have to do this every time you want to charge. To replace the charging port is £750 :shock:

This is our 2nd Phev and never had any issues with the first one.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or similar problems.
Thanks

I think I have the same issue MY2014. Whether charging is initiated has been troublesome for the last few weeks. Now I cannot get the car to start charging at all. I have even tried a brand new cable that I had in the boot. . It looks like the pins in my charging port are pushed in too. How can you push them back out from the wheel arch? Can you describe this a little more for me. I need to charge my car before I book this in with Mitsubishi.

Thanks

I fixed mine today. It was pretty easy to remove the port and re-secure the pin using cable ties.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342911965900842/permalink/1038376093021089?sfns=mo

Back