Hi from France,

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

I’ve had my brand new Outlander PHEV 2019 for two weeks now and I love it, it’s the basic model but it’s already got enough bells and whistles to keep me happy.

I wanted an affordable big car but not diesel powered, I looked at petrol engine powered cars, but due to pollution tax here in France, it would have meant giving more stupid money to the government, then I stumbled upon the Outlander and found that it ticked most of my boxes, so that was it.

This particular type of car is also well fitted to my present lifestyle, my wife and I are both retired and we recently left Paris to live permanently in our summer house located on a small island on the West Coast of France. Therefore lots of pottering around daily on the Island, forays on the mainland from time to time and occasionally a longer motorway trip to the Capital city or other places for vacations. Also I can conveniently charge the car at home in my garage.

I have very little experience of EV, my wife and I test drove a Hyundai Kona Electric and found it fantastic, so much so that we ordered it for my wife but eventually she got cold feet (after having read reviews revealing the scarcity of charging facilities in France) so we cancelled and ordered instead the same model albeit with a petrol engine. We’ll certainly replace it by a small PHEV as soon as such a car is available, probably another Kona whose PHEV version should become available in 2020.

Looking forward to exchanging with you all.

Hi, from the Netherlands.
I think you made a good choice taking in account the voyages you do.
We live in the countryside and on our 2014 model we get on avg 45 km electric on a charge from our solar system (PV and Battery).

And a very low Petrol usage ( 1 ltr per 40 km)

Back