Camping/sleeping in the PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SvenGB

Does anyone here camp and sleep in the back of their PHEV?

I do a few surf trips a year and like to kip in the car overnight. I previously had a BMW X3, I could push the front seats all the way forward and (with the help of a timber “shelf” I built) I could lay out flat in the back with a roll out mattress and have a very reasonable sleep.

The PHEV’s rear seats fold up though, so regardless of how far I push the front seats forward I won’t have anywhere near enough room. Has anyone overcome this and found a way? Maybe by temporarily removing the rear seats?

How tall are you ? 7 foot lol without trying i recon i could get in the back on a blow up mattress no bother ( i am 6 foot 2 )

Try this:
1. Front seat to the front as much you can;
2. Take out the neck support of front seat and lay down the front seat back as much as you can. The front seat actually becomes 180* just like a business class airliner but not for tall people;
3. Fold the back seat backing to get more room.

Tai

Attachments

• F0F67D19-B72A-4096-A9C0-3136F3AABFF2.jpeg
    F0F67D19-B72A-4096-A9C0-3136F3AABFF2.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 90
Tai626 said:
Try this:
1. Front seat to the front as much you can;
2. Take out the neck support of front seat and lay down the front seat back as much as you can. The front seat actually becomes 180* just like a business class airliner but not for tall people;
3. Fold the back seat backing to get more room.

Tai

Hah, superb demonstration! My wife gave birth to our first child this January in the middle of the big snow dump we had. We live out woop woop so she didn't want me going home to then not be able to get back the next day so I had a couple of nights in the PHEV. I found it OK but a tad chilly lol. Saying that, that was the last time I had a good night's sleep so I may revert to always sleeping in the PHEV :)

Congratulations, new dad!

After my second daughter was born (2 years a part), my best night of sleep was in a cruise. Rocking for 11hours in the darkness of an internal cabin.

Once we get the both front seat @ 180*, the space is really comfortable. With Silent AC, 2 people can take a nap easily.

Just don’t know the durability of the actuators (motors) in front seat. Any one has the duty cycle chart?

Tai

Back