Android Auto doesn't always connect

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3859

Once I establish a connection, it is stable throughout my journey, but quite often when I get in the car, it won't connect even though the phone shows that it is charging, and I have to unplug the cable and try again. Sometimes I plug the phone in before I start the car and sometimes afterwards; this doesn't seem to make any difference.

I believe that I have a fairly good cable so I don't think that is the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a Galaxy S8+ with all of the latest updates.

PS What is the problem with a Bluetooth connection instead? Surely it has the necessary bandwidth?

Are you using third party cable ? I had similar problem ,used original samsung cable, works fine now

Dondon said:
Once I establish a connection, it is stable throughout my journey, but quite often when I get in the car, it won't connect even though the phone shows that it is charging, and I have to unplug the cable and try again. Sometimes I plug the phone in before I start the car and sometimes afterwards; this doesn't seem to make any difference.

I believe that I have a fairly good cable so I don't think that is the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a Galaxy S8+ with all of the latest updates.
Visit Autoguysland to find the best truck gps that you may concern.
PS What is the problem with a Bluetooth connection instead? Surely it has the necessary bandwidth?

I think you can check the UBS cable if it works or not. Then, maybe you restart your phone after installing Android Auto and restart head unit of your car.

Kesto said:
Are you using third party cable ? I had similar problem ,used original samsung cable, works fine now
I expected my seemingly high quality 3rd party cable to be fine, but having now bought a genuine Samsung cable https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-usb-c-fast-charger-cable-66502 it is much more reliable - thanks for the tip.

NB This appears to be a genuine Samsung cable. There are lots on Amazon claiming to be genuine, but the reviews say they aren't.

I have a Samsung 'phone and have similar connection issues from time to time. I suspect the problem is actually the design/quality of the socket on the 'phone rather than the cables, which work perfectly well with other micro USB equipment. :idea:

greendwarf said:
I have a Samsung 'phone and have similar connection issues from time to time. I suspect the problem is actually the design/quality of the socket on the 'phone rather than the cables, which work perfectly well with other micro USB equipment. :idea:
Sorry for being pedantic ( I am a programmer :lol: ). This connector is USB-C.

Back