OLEV Grants UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Hi

Does anyone know if the OLEV grant can be used against a used PHEV?
Not sure if it is for new EV's only / any EV / one per vehicle / one per house?

The previous owner only ever used the granny charger so no-one has ever claimed the OLEV grant for my used car.

Tried asking Rolec but no reply over a week later...

Thanks

Yes it can.
I did for mine back in July.
It's 1 per car per household for a maximum of 2 chargers.
I'm about to apply for our second as the wife is just getting a PHEV but a different connector.

SySwan said:
derbybiker said:
You can get a PodPoint one for £279 installed.

The OLEV grant is upto £500 does that mean you can get it fitted for free?

I think this is £279 after the grant has been deducted.
There is a limit of £500 or 75% of the total cost, whichever is lowest, I think.

I found Rolec to be very responsive. I got a grant through them. Just after I applied (a few months ago), the government rules changed and you can now only get a grant for a smart charger.

Just looking into getting a charger fitted, but I can't see how long it takes to charge as opposed to the 5 ish hours using a standard plug socket.

Annex said:
Just looking into getting a charger fitted, but I can't see how long it takes to charge as opposed to the 5 ish hours using a standard plug socket.

I charge overnight so time isn't an issue. I have heard that other manufacturers say you shouldn't use a 13A plug all of the time (though I have no idea why).

My main reason for getting a charger was to grab the grant while is is still available. When you replace your current car, an EV may be a valid option. Who knows if the grant will still exist then?

A granny charger may be fine when you first use it, but any corrosion within the plug or socket can lead to significant localised heating at a sustained 10A. If you use one regularly, you have to certain that it has no localised resistance in any part of the circuit. I'm not sure that many people would go and check theirs regularly.

Back