2018 PHEV wheels for sale

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCbackroader

Since I've replaced my OEM wheels and tires with 17" ones, I have a full set of 2018 PHEV 18" wheels, complete with TPMS, nuts, and nut lock for sale. I'm located in the Fraser Valley area of BC, Canada, so would prefer to sell to a BC owner, rather than try to ship these bulky items. The original Toyo tires were worn out, so these are rims only. I'm asking 1/4 of the dealer price for them, $1,000 CDN for all 4.

None whatsoever. The large local dealer from whom I bought the vehicle is selling 17" wheel/winter tire combos for the PHEV, and has had no problems at all with them. Mine are not the steel wheels that he sells, as I was looking for a permanent switch to smaller wheels/larger tires for additional ground clearance, which I tested to the limits yesterday, and I'm very pleased with the results. The new Axion alloys and taller tires (more sidewall) look great on the car, but I'm unable to post pics, as this forum doesn't seem to like my cellphone .jpegs . The new tires are 235/65R17 Yokohama Geolander G015 AT, which are both all terrain, and all weather snowflake symbol rated, so I don't have to change them twice a year. I bought a 5th tire/wheel as well, to carry as a spare. It will be included in each 8000km tire rotation, so the whole set should last 20% longer too.

I don't think there is any additional hardware mounted at the wheels for regen. braking, I believe it is all software controlled through the motors. Kal Tire mounted them and checked for clearance of all items during full steering and suspension travel, they have a fancy lift with hydraulic jacks to test all that.

I have some old 16" steel rims from a previous vehicle and was ready to use those to slap some new winter tires on them. I called Mitsubishi however, and they told me that the e-brake system (the calipers in particular) won't clear standard steel rims. I thought they were trying to pull a fast one on me, but three different Mitsubishi dealers all told me the same thing.

Yes, I have heard that 16" rims are too small, but I believe that some of the lower spec Euro models are equipped with 17s, and as I said above, Wolfe Mitsubishi has 17" wheel/snowtire packages for the PHEV.

I found that there are far more tires available in 17" sizes, than for 18s, and they are generally cheaper as well.

You're not far from me, mbasjm, are you interested in my 18" Mitsu wheels?

Sorry BCBackroader. I'm not looking for full size rims for my winter tires, I was only looking for smaller, like 16". I ended up buying a set from TriCity Mitsubishi. Thanks though!

mbasjm said:
I was only looking for smaller, like 16". I ended up buying a set from TriCity Mitsubishi.
Hi All. Sorry to hijack, but can you confirm (or deny) that 16" wheels will fit over the brake calipers? I'm looking to buy winter tires, and 55-profile tires seems silly for snow. There seem to be better 16" options than 17", for some reason.

For the 2019/2020 models the folder says the basic version (with 16"wheels) has smaller front brake discs than the other models (from the second in line and up 18"wheels and bigger brakes are fitted).

Strange choice either way if you ask me. Mitsubishi either chose to care less about the safety of the basic model buyer, or chose to fit oversized brakes on the more expensive models :shock:

GoodCheer said:
mbasjm said:
I was only looking for smaller, like 16". I ended up buying a set from TriCity Mitsubishi.
Hi All. Sorry to hijack, but can you confirm (or deny) that 16" wheels will fit over the brake calipers? I'm looking to buy winter tires, and 55-profile tires seems silly for snow. There seem to be better 16" options than 17", for some reason.

I can tell you that Mitsubishi makes their own special 16" rims that will fit over the brakes. With standard rims you take your chances. It may clear but it may be paper thing clearance (according to the Mitsubishi parts and service people in my area).

KWh said:
For the 2019/2020 models the folder says the basic version (with 16"wheels) has smaller front brake discs than the other models (from the second in line and up 18"wheels and bigger brakes are fitted).

Strange choice either way if you ask me. Mitsubishi either chose to care less about the safety of the basic model buyer, or chose to fit oversized brakes on the more expensive models :shock:
Smaller discs does not necessarily mean less stopping power. It is more the tradeoff between size and brake pad wear. So the 16" model may need more frequent pad relacement.

Back