Electric Tailgate not working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admin is absentee, the reason this moderator threw the towel. I removed spam for over a year after quitting, but now I've let it go.

rosyw6552 said:
Hi all. Picked up my new Tiguan R Line on Saturday. :) Was loving the car until I got home when the electric tailgate would not open despite trying using the key, boot handle etc. :oops: Equally I was unable to manually release the tailgate from the inside. Gutted!! Although it worked fine on Sunday. This evening the tailgate failed again and it appears to do so when raining or car is wet as it was raining on saturday. Has anyone else had a similar problem with their Tiguan? Hugely frustrating considering it's 72 hours old, not a great start. Assume if dealer is unable to fix the problem I can reject the car, though it's a personal lease though.
Unfortunately you are in the wrong forum. Try a Volkswagen one...

Thanks very much, it solved the problem. A couple of weeks ago a message came up to say that battery on key fob was low. As such i put the fob into the holder down the bottom of the dash. As such, I must have touch the button that popped out. and for a couple of weeks it has been very annoying having to manually use the tailgate. How reliant we now are on the equipment on vehicles. In 1964 my father had to pay an extra £30 for the heater on his new Anglia 105E.
The old saying in industry is "if in doubt read the manual".

Back