What Mileage before the clutch goes?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EyeCandy

Hi All,

I had my Phev from new and has just had its 5th Birthday. Its done just over 141,000 miles and fairly trouble free (except the brake calipers)... That I had to pay for..... GRRR..... !

Looks like I need a new clutch now, so how far have you gone before needing a new clutch and how much have you paid?

Regards
Joe

There is an electrical one between the ICE and front drive train. As far as I am aware that is not specifically a wearing part.

EyeCandy said:
Hi All,

I had my Phev from new and has just had its 5th Birthday. Its done just over 141,000 miles and fairly trouble free (except the brake calipers)... That I had to pay for..... GRRR..... !

Looks like I need a new clutch now, so how far have you gone before needing a new clutch and how much have you paid?

Regards
Joe

About those brake calipers! :)...I'm close to end of warranty, should I be getting them checked by an independent and then pushing for a fix under warranty do you know pls?

This question would have a lot of variables, and need some kind of counter.

If the clutch only engages when the vehicle is in parallel mode, that would be hard to count mentally.

Hopefully it is recorded in the software somewhere.

Unlike cars with manual gears, the clutch would not be being engaged and disengaged every time the car speeds up and slows down.

Very late to this, but I'm surprised that the clutch ever needs replacing. It will only be connected when the car is running, and I cannot usually tell by feel when the software engages it. This means that the clutch is connected without any slippage, and so wear should be minimal

This clutch is only in charge/used, if the car switches to series or parallel mode.
The SW does not record this use.

Normally, this clutch will last much more longer than the hole car.

So also I have to ask, why to you think you need to change this clutch?

Back