What is the thing behind the interior lights?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evey

Hey, I’m a new owner of a 2016 5hs, and enjoying it so far I haven’t been able to work out what purpose this thing (pictured) serves though, and can’t seem to find it in the manual! Can anyone enlighten me? :)
I36xcft.jpg

:shock: The little orange light? You are the umpteenth person to ask - and nobody knows. Speculations abound, and it is not unique to Mitsubishi.

Ah come on jaapv- you know the orange light is mentioned in the owner's manual :D In common with other make cars that have one it's low intensity interior illumination so the area around the centre dashboard (eg radio, gearstick) isn't in complete darkness at night. Not as bright as those in say a Vauxhall or Audi, but it does work. It comes on when the headlights are on.

The small black grille thing I believe is the microphone for the handsfree phone system. On the other side of that plastic bit are the two ultrasonic transducers for the movement detection function of the alarm.

richr said:
Ah come on jaapv- you know the orange light is mentioned in the owner's manual :D In common with other make cars that have one it's low intensity interior illumination so the area around the centre dashboard (eg radio, gearstick) isn't in complete darkness at night. Not as bright as those in say a Vauxhall or Audi, but it does work. It comes on when the headlights are on.

The small black grille thing I believe is the microphone for the handsfree phone system. On the other side of that plastic bit are the two ultrasonic transducers for the movement detection function of the alarm.
I was told by Jaguar that is an orientation light, should the car go into the water.

Back