Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still clutching at it being an electronic, rather than hardware, issue. Assume you've disconnected the module from the loom and left it out for a while to remove any latent memory?

bigbaldbloke said:
I'm still clutching at it being an electronic, rather than hardware, issue. Assume you've disconnected the module from the loom and left it out for a while to remove any latent memory?

Good call I’m going to try that bit of Hastle with stripping back all the panels I did unhook the battery the other day for a while so I’m guessing it’s the same thing. People are saying it has a small battery of its own but I don’t think this is true anyone confirm

Since you're not telling us what instructions you're following, you're making this hard.

So, here is a simplified version of the instructions.

1. Download the correct version of the app
2. Take your car out of range of your home wifi
3. Start the app
4. Press the register button in the app
5. Key in the SSID of the car, or
(select it from the list if it is already displayed because you've successfully registered another device)
6. Enter the password
7. Ensure that the car doors are all shut
8. Put the car in the ACC position (press start without depressing the brake pedal)
9. Press Lock and Unlock alternatively 5 times each (on the key fob)
10. When the car beeps, press OK on the app

Just for the hell of it, I just registered another device to my car.

(2014 PHEV, Outlander I app, 14 character password, android device)

I didn't bother turning off the devices connection to my home network, and I didn't drive out of range.

The connection process worked flawlessly.

(I checked the result by turning the headlights on and off with the app, and opened and closed some doors to confirm that their status updated on the app. (Mildly surprised that the app was showing the interior light as on - which it was - hadn't noticed that before).

Let us know how you go.

Please note, the instructions you should follow are laid out in the app.

And you must have the right version of the app.

I've found you can add the SSID and Password before you start the car sequence, because that's easier.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand having said all that, there is a new version of the app that is supposed to work for all PHEVs.

I'll download and try that app now too.

OK.

De registered all devices and registered the new app with no problems.

I'm confident that the instructions will work.

Here's the super-super-simplified version.

1. Start the app on your device
2. Enter the SSID and Password
3. Get into the car, close the doors and put it into Registration mode
4. Hit OK in the app
5. Wait for the device to connect

Note, in case this is not obvious to the casual reader.

"The car only gives one beep" indicates that the original poster is not invoking the app to connect to the car, and this is a required step.

The car only gives one beep to indicate that it is ready to connect to the app.

AndyInOz said:
Since you're not telling us what instructions you're following, you're making this hard.

So, here is a simplified version of the instructions.

1. Download the correct version of the app
2. Take your car out of range of your home wifi
3. Start the app
4. Press the register button in the app
5. Key in the SSID of the car, or
(select it from the list if it is already displayed because you've successfully registered another device)
6. Enter the password
7. Ensure that the car doors are all shut
8. Put the car in the ACC position (press start without depressing the brake pedal)
9. Press Lock and Unlock alternatively 5 times each (on the key fob)
10. When the car beeps, press OK on the app

These are not the correct instructions this is for the old app which isn’t available anymore

AndyInOz said:
OK.

De registered all devices and registered the new app with no problems.

I'm confident that the instructions will work.

Here's the super-super-simplified version.

1. Start the app on your device
2. Enter the SSID and Password
3. Get into the car, close the doors and put it into Registration mode
4. Hit OK in the app
5. Wait for the device to connect

I have tried all the instructions several times but if the SSID is not being broadcast by the car then it’s impossible to connect

Morning Darren.

Have you tried manually entering the SSID and password in the phone's Wi-Fi settings?

One last thought before reluctantly agreeing that it's hardware. Are you trying to find the hotspot with the car off and locked? I remember reading of someone struggling to connect from outside because the car wasn't in standby.

bigbaldbloke said:
One last thought before reluctantly agreeing that it's hardware. Are you trying to find the hotspot with the car off and locked? I remember reading of someone struggling to connect from outside because the car wasn't in standby.

I’ve tried lots of different ways with lots of other devices too

Just sharing the outcome after being in Mitsubishi today. Wi-fi module not working and needs a new one £900.00 also spotted a near side rear wheel bearing had gone and front offside suspension needs replacing total bill £2500.00.

Luckily covered under the Car Supermarket Arnold Clark’s 2 month Warranty. Can’t drive the car too dangerous. They gave it a MOT and a general safety check apparently. Now being reported for missing these on the MOT by Mitsubishi.

Car being collected by Arnold Clark from Mitsubishi finance settled and I have now just bought a new one within 1.5 hours with motor range in Liverpool. Brilliant experience and covered with a 2 year warranty.

Thanks for reporting back. It's always nice to know the outcome of a problem, even better when it's sorted to your satisfaction.

Back