Phev froze after erroneously starting with plug still in

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avez77

Hello,
I bought a couple of months ago an outlander phev from 2014 perfectly kept and with only 72000 km. I have to say I love the car except the mmcs system from Rockford Fosgate. Today we parked into a parking place with charger from zaptec and attached the plug. Nothing seemed to start but maybe this was because this zaptec charger were not very easy to use. So I switched on the car with the plug still in and the car froze. Nothing could be started and all the lights including battery, engine, airbag, etc. Were on. Gearbox was not working. I tried to stop few times but nothing. I got quite worried and after pressing start button for 3-4 seconds finally the car shut down. Afterwards we used it and had no problems at all. Has everything like that occurred to one of you before?
I have also another question: cars get charged only with 8 kwh when I attach it to public charger (instead of declared 12). I went to the mitsubishi garage and they told me that battery capacity is about 82% and people there mentioned mitsubishi guarantees 70 % battery at 8 years so we should be OK. Does it fit with your experience?
Thank you for your help. Alessandro

I've never had this precise error, but it is a computer on wheels, so I guess you had an automotive equivalent of a blue screen/spinning ball.

Back