Electric Motor Mount Issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaapv said:
Luger54 said:
Hi there, I have had this problem for some time but the thump sound is now getting more and more prominent so I took it into my local main dealer for a checkup where they confirmed that it was a rear motor mount.
Same ol story about the part being on a backing order as well but they treated it as a "first time them coming across this" type of thing.
They told me that the part would cost €120 plus VAT and it would take about 2 hours to fit so €350 all in.
It may not be fair to the dealer who is actually very nice but I might go down the route of an independent car mechanic whose hourly labour rate is much less than the boys at the main dealer to bring costs down here.
As said, I paid 234 Euro.. So an independent might charge 20 Euro an hour less, bringing the bill down by a staggering 40 Euro - Spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar IMO.

I would assume that the replacement is a pretty standard mechanical job with no need to disrupt the hybrid drive systems, so the risk of "spoiling the ship" should be minimal assuming that the car is out of warranty. I guess there is some small risk of "spoiling the mechanic" - but that would be down to his employers who accepted a job that he was not trained for resulting in him getting fried by 500v at a significant current - not my problem!

If you are crawling in traffic and when you are stopping / starting or simply lifting your foot off the break to move forward you will hear the clonk coming from the rear axle area. I suppose this has different stages so when it is immature you may not notice it as much. I left mine developed to an extent when it felt like a kick in the rear bumper. Paid a main dealer over €300 and I can tell you it was well wort it as the thumping sound was getting very annoying.

Hello everyone. I think I have this problem on my 2014 model, with 228000kms, after my recent visit to the garage to change a A/C condenser. My question is, how safe is it to drive, as I've been driving around with this for awhile?

Also, anyone know of the cost of repair/replacing this loose rear bush?

Regards,

Sorry...I just read older posts, and got the answer of cost. That's about right what the dealer I used recently said...350e. But still driving around with it, is it safe? Regards.

Hi. Been getting the clunk from the rear. Really noticeable if the car is pulling away on a hill or if tou come out of reverse and into neutral.
Found a link showing the issue. May not be the same problem for everyone.
You have to get right under the rear motor. I filmed mine to get a better look but i think i will have to drop out to really see.
Im hoping i can just buy a new bush and get my local garage to push the new one in for £10 if mine has degraded.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/big-clunk-and-car-movement-from-transmission.122169/post-2508298

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So purchased a new mount from a dealer. £130

So you need to remove two weights from the frame.
On the R/N/S is a nut. Use an impact wrench on this whilst securing the other side. I didnt realise it was a nut and spent ages trying to get the bolt out from the other side. I needed to purchase an impact wrench a universal swivel joint and a 125mm extension bar for the impact wrench. Don't use normal ones.
I cant add pics as they are too large. I'll try and add something to youtube.

Back