Low EV milage when fully charged?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennyggg

Heya!

I've just purchased a 2018 PHEV. I know the 'supposed' mileage claimed by Mitsu for EV is 30+ and in reality it's more like 25 miles. But what should I expect (written on the dashboard) the EV range to be after it's fully charged?

I've just charged it to 100% and it states 21 miles. Is this normal? Low? Are the batteries showing age?

Many thanks!!!

Glenn :D

In simple terms, the guessometer bases its calculation on the last journey. So if it was up a steep hill - i.e. using energy to overcome gravity rather than distance - you will get a low prediction. If, it was downhill - i.e. coasting using none - then you will get a silly high figure.

So you need to use the car over a period of time to understand the driving conditions and how they influence the range. So don't worry too much about the figure immediately after charge. What is important is how far you can actually drive. :D

BTW Ambient temperature also influences the range figure. So if you are looking at it first thing in the morning after a chilly night it will be lower.

I don't think Mitsubishi ever claimed 30 miles for the 2018, more like 21. And as was previously said, the estimate on the quessometer had a lot to do with how heavy your foot is.

jaapv said:
Ah! The infamous Guessometer :lol: Ignore.
I get about 40 real kms in normal traffic.

I regularly achieve 28 miles (45 km)/ 32 miles (51.5 km) in warmer weather, after a good run it taken 10.4/10.8 kWh to recharge

Fjpod said:
I don't think Mitsubishi ever claimed 30 miles for the 2018, more like 21. And as was previously said, the estimate on the quessometer had a lot to do with how heavy your foot is.

What?????????????????????? - the claimed maximum mileage has always been over 30 miles and even after 7 years and 50+k, I still get more than 21 actual. :?

greendwarf said:
Fjpod said:

What?????????????????????? - the claimed maximum mileage has always been over 30 miles and even after 7 years and 50+k, I still get more than 21 actual. :?
I get 28 to 30 on the guessometer myself, but I don't think Mitsubishi ever promised that.

Hi All, i'm a new Outlander owner (18 plate) and have a slightly different question on the charging/range. When fully charged the dashboard states around 23-24 miles which seems plausible when reading the posts, in reality I get around 18 miles around town. But, on the phone app the charging status only goes up to around 3/4 of the car (i.e. just about to the windscreen wiper on the pic). Is this correct - i.e. is the car fully charging? I have read that the fast chargers only go to about 80% but this is on a standard 13amp home charger. I have done this about 4 times and always the same and have disabled all scheduled times and heater timers. The Electric charge dash indicator opposite the fuel one also appears to indicate around 80% - it never gets to the top. Is this because the batteries are degrading?
thanks.

Back