Delivery Checklist?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robw2014

Having been following the boards a while, I decided with my 4s due this week that I should join in...

Does anyone have a checklist that they can share for taking delivery of a new PHEV of things to look for being signing?

Looking for ideas on things to check before leaving the garage.

Personally, I always pay most attention to the condition of the bodywork and interior. Those are things that are difficult to fix well once damaged and not covered by any warranty - if you find a scratch or a jag in the seat cover, you could find yourself in an argument with the dealer as to whether or not it was present when the car was handed over or caused by you after you took possession. Everything else is covered by warranty, so it is not so serious if you miss a defect - just take it back and tell them to fix it!

Sounds obvious, but make sure (preferably when phoning to check all is ready for collection) that they have actually fitted the extras. they "forgot" my protection pack which meant my OH had to make a special trip to pick up boot liner and then I had to make a special 70 mile round trip with a long wait to get the mud flaps fitted. I didn't notice the lack of mats etc till I got home - one tends to get a bit excited when picking up a new car!

Oh and that it has the agreed amount of fuel in it.

You should have a charging lead, 2 keys (one with numbered tag), folder with 2 manuals including a card with code for setting up wifi.

You won't have a tax disc given this is all electronic now and the reg doc usually arrives in the post sometime afterwards.

Can't think of anything else other than the good advice from maby...
Enjoy the car!
H

robw2014 said:
Having been following the boards a while, I decided with my 4s due this week that I should join in...

Does anyone have a checklist that they can share for taking delivery of a new PHEV of things to look for being signing?

Looking for ideas on things to check before leaving the garage.

I had mine delivered with Roof Racks, & they whistled- we collected the car on a Saturday & there was no one in the workshop. When the racks (Genuine) were fitted, they had forgotten to install a rubber strip on the under side

We love our PHEV

Check the bonnet, my last vehicle came with what they call a smile where someone had partially shut the bonnet then pushed it shut with their hand and left a small dent. I didn't notice till a week or so later and it was to late to do anything about it.

Thanks for all the replies. So in summary:

- check for bodywork dents / scratches (especially bonnet)
- check interior for scratches, etc in seats, carpets
- check for all extras ordered (I have protection pack, interior lights, tow bar, etc)
- Confirm amount of fuel
- charging lead
- 2 keys
- Folder with 2 manuals including code for wifi (check manuals are for PHEV)
- Roof racks - if fitted: check for rubber strip on underside (ordered, but believe are not fitted...)

No doubt it will rain heavily tomorrow and the car will be outside curtailing much examination of its exterior condition....

Check the filler flaps are correctly fitted and open properly. I picked up my 3h on Saturday and the first time I opened the electric filler flap the black 'spring' popped out and the filler flap itself was catching on the main bodywork. I know it's been mentioned before how flimsy the filler caps are, especially the large electric flap, but I just can't believe how poor the design is and how far it sticks out whilst open. Only a matter of time before a passing cyclist catches it while charging at public roadside bay (no immediate plans to but sooner or later someone will).

So took the car back into the dealer yesterday and rather than take the car round to the workshop to 'adjust' the fitment of the flap, he grabbed it with both hands and forcibly man-handled it into a position where it no longer caught the bodywork. Not very subtle and I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing, certainly wouldn't have happened in any Volvo or BMW garage I'm more used to visiting, but it does appear to have sorted the problem. Rather him than me.

Anyway, another one to watch for!

Dave

Back