Lease cost

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pords

Hi all. Been looking at cost involved in leasing a GX4h and been quoted £329 which was only£30 more than the GX3 in leather. This prices also includes-insurance, servicing, tyres, and no deposit as through NHS fleet. Is this a good deal in your opinion?. Trying to arrange a test drive this week as the missus thinks this May be too big for her even though she liked driving shogun sport. Looking at a lead time of a few months.

Personally I don't like leases, but this sounds like a decent deal if you want to go for one.

At first sight it sounds good to me as well, does that include metalic paint? What are the annual miles allowance? Are 2 named drivers included?

Up to 5 named drivers as long as over 21. 12000 miles annually. Leasing as we can change in 3 years. Not sure on metallic paint will have to check.

In my humble opinion with no deposit you going to find it hard beating this deal but if anybody does come forward with one I be very intrigued, it's nice to know that there is good deals for NHS staff because I have a lot of love for them because I would of died in 2001 if it wasn't for the team, so lots hugs from me ;)

+1 on sounds like a good deal. I lease my GX4h through work as it also includes insurance, maintenance etc. If NHS Fleet sort the car for you and you pay for it via payroll, don't forget the benefit in kind (BiK) tax Gov will slap on (5% of list price per annum) which is still much, much lower than any comparable car. Dont know how NHS fleet works, just thought i'd mention in case you got caught out in your pay packet.
Also worth remembering the lease means you can't add towbars or change the standard lights to LED without lease co permission. Or take to France without prior permission. (they all easy to get, just worth knowing)

It'd be worth checking if there was any BIK to pay. There usually is with NHS fleet cars.

And remember that the BIK is scheduled to increase over the next few years - still a fair bit lower than conventional cars, but a fair bit more than this year. We'll sell it to ourselves before it gets too high - hence we are amongst the few here hoping for massive depreciation!

Thanks for the heads up on BIK will look into this. The quote was broken down and does have car tax liability included. Oh yes metallic paint as long as we go for black. Solid if we choose white. A bit more research before we go-ahead and place an order.

Do also read and understand the various postings relating to real-world fuel consumption. There are a few here that get very high MPG (equivalent), but there are also a few who are very disappointed by the running costs. Your pattern of use has to be very specific to get the theoretical figures of 150mpg or better. Realistic performance comes in at between 50mpg and perhaps 80mpg - though even that is not easy to achieve if you are using it as a general purpose car. Some have reported figures as low as 30mpg - certainly possible if your journeys are predominantly long and you regularly ignore the speed limits.

Unless you have a roof full of solar panels, completely ignore any suggestions of multiple hundreds of miles per gallon - they are conveniently ignoring the cost of electricity. If you pay for your electricity at more or less standard rates, your effective mpg can never exceed about 200mpg - and that only applies to very specific patterns of usage.

That's not bad advice. I'm one of those with huge mpg figures, but agree (a) my driving profile is perfect for the car (b) I get a full, free charge at work everyday thanks to a great employer, and (c) I haven't looked at the leccy bill so am in blissful ignorance of the real cost.

I'm a more calm driver as result. Stamping on the loud pedal is a very rare event these days. If I was in a rush or did longer (over 25 miles) between charging it could be a very different story.

aitchjaybee said:
That's not bad advice. I'm one of those with huge mpg figures, but agree (a) my driving profile is perfect for the car (b) I get a full, free charge at work everyday thanks to a great employer, and (c) I haven't looked at the leccy bill so am in blissful ignorance of the real cost.

I'm a more calm driver as result. Stamping on the loud pedal is a very rare event these days. If I was in a rush or did longer (over 25 miles) between charging it could be a very different story.

Hmmm, my MMCS informs me that I've put about £12 of electricity into it this month - that's the equivalent of around 2 gallons - and I've done less than 500 miles, so it is enough to impact on the effective fuel efficiency.

I pay £366 plus vat for my business lease Gx4h in metallic. This includes the service pack, but not tyres. Contract is 6+30 with what is called a 'terminal pause', ie we don't pay anything in the last 6 months of using the car so I'll have had it for 3 years in total. I thought this was a good deal at the time, but if your price includes insurance and the vat then I've been had!

chindley said:
That sounds cheap. My wife is a nurse but never thought to check NHS first, does that price include VAT? I am paying £278 inc vat from Lex autolease for a Gx3h.

Yes that includes VAT. Gone through the small print and T&C and thats a fixed price throughout the term and wont change.

maby said:
Do also read and understand the various postings relating to real-world fuel consumption. There are a few here that get very high MPG (equivalent), but there are also a few who are very disappointed by the running costs. Your pattern of use has to be very specific to get the theoretical figures of 150mpg or better. Realistic performance comes in at between 50mpg and perhaps 80mpg - though even that is not easy to achieve if you are using it as a general purpose car. Some have reported figures as low as 30mpg - certainly possible if your journeys are predominantly long and you regularly ignore the speed limits.

Unless you have a roof full of solar panels, completely ignore any suggestions of multiple hundreds of miles per gallon - they are conveniently ignoring the cost of electricity. If you pay for your electricity at more or less standard rates, your effective mpg can never exceed about 200mpg - and that only applies to very specific patterns of usage.

The Car would mainly be used by the missus for work, which is a round trip of 28 Miles on B roads (she's no Lewis Hamilton). At the moment she drives a 1.4 citreon c2 which is not bad economy wise and she puts in about £30 a week, more if used alot at weekends (taxi for the kids). We will keep it as a second car for me to use when the trains are up the creek. Most of the shops we use locally are a round trip of 10 -15 miles. Still waying up the pro's and con's before jumping in as it needs to be right. Thanks for advice.

Posty said:
I pay £366 plus vat for my business lease Gx4h in metallic. This includes the service pack, but not tyres. Contract is 6+30 with what is called a 'terminal pause', ie we don't pay anything in the last 6 months of using the car so I'll have had it for 3 years in total. I thought this was a good deal at the time, but if your price includes insurance and the vat then I've been had!

Don't forget that the OP's deal is through NHS fleet services and is heavily subsidised. The lease cost is usually worked out on a salary sacrifice scheme, hence the concern over BIK.

Pords said:
maby said:

The Car would mainly be used by the missus for work, which is a round trip of 28 Miles on B roads (she's no Lewis Hamilton). At the moment she drives a 1.4 citreon c2 which is not bad economy wise and she puts in about £30 a week, more if used alot at weekends (taxi for the kids). We will keep it as a second car for me to use when the trains are up the creek. Most of the shops we use locally are a round trip of 10 -15 miles. Still waying up the pro's and con's before jumping in as it needs to be right. Thanks for advice.

You probably will not save very much over the Citroen, but you will be getting a significantly larger and more capable car. Don't misunderstand me - I love the PHEV, but having been a Prius early adopter, I'm aware of the risk to reputation that unrealistic performance claims can imply for a car. It can approach an effective fuel economy of 200mpg, but only if you are pretty compulsive in the way you use it. Somewhere between 50 and 80 mpge is more realistic - and still good figures for a car of these characteristics.

Pords said:
Hi all. Been looking at cost involved in leasing a GX4h and been quoted £329 which was only£30 more than the GX3 in leather. This prices also includes-insurance, servicing, tyres, and no deposit as through NHS fleet. Is this a good deal in your opinion?. Trying to arrange a test drive this week as the missus thinks this May be too big for her even though she liked driving shogun sport. Looking at a lead time of a few months.

Yes, that is an excellent deal.
From the prices I have been given for business lease, you are saving about 20-25% monthly + no deposit & getting free insurance!

Thanks everyone for all your constructive feedback. Everything has been agreed in principle so all that's left is a test drive. Will let you know how I get on and whether swmbo likes it.

Back