USB Music Interuptions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu

When I try and playback music from a USB memory stick I experience interruptions, something like how a dirty CD would sound. I've tried all the files in case one had become corrupted but they're all the same and playback on a PC is perfect. The screen display is all correct and I can see and select all the files without any problem.

Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Stu,

I have not used the USB facility for music. I use the SD card. Works flawlessly. I have many folders of artists and use the meta data with the music and get thumbnails for each album as well as artist name and track name etc. USB should be the same, but I just use it as a phone recharge slot.

Stu said:
When I try and playback music from a USB memory stick I experience interruptions, something like how a dirty CD would sound. I've tried all the files in case one had become corrupted but they're all the same and playback on a PC is perfect. The screen display is all correct and I can see and select all the files without any problem.

Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

I tried a USB stick at first, and it seemed to take 2-3 minutes before it was ready to play. I then tried a Class 10 SD card and it played in seconds. For that reason alone I believe SD to be a better option for the PHEV.

Hi,
The SD card has quite a limited capacity in the number of folders/files it can handle. The USB doesn't seem to have any such limit but can be a little slow after startup to start playing, maybe a couple of minutes or so.
I put all my regularly listened to music on the SD card and all my collection on the USB.
Kind regards,
Mark

I've had that problem - at first I thought it was a bug in the MMCS update I did, but I swapped the USB sticks around, tried some alternate sources and on the next trip it was fine again. It has happend occasionally since but I've got stuff on SD and USB (and the phone as a backup) so I'm living with it at the moment and hoping it will be a fix in a future release - given that you've got the same issue, it's not just our own units (which is good in a perverse way!).

avensys said:
The SD card has quite a limited capacity in the number of folders/files it can handle.

I haven't found a limit yet. On my SD card there are 211 folders and 2590 files.

dmd said:
avensys said:
The SD card has quite a limited capacity in the number of folders/files it can handle.
I haven't found a limit yet. On my SD card there are 211 folders and 2590 files.
I don't know how many files/folders I had on my SD card but when you list the directories it got down to the T's and didn't show anything after. The same contents display and work fine on USB (except for not displaying any album art of course).
Kind regards,
Mark

I would still use the SD card. Just split the music into a few SD cards. They are not too hard to swap. Maybe you have too much music to choose from. A 32GB SD must be a few hundred hours of music.

I had the same problem using USB for the first few tracks but now working fine. It is slow to get started or flip around tracks but I'm normally far too busy paddling to worry too much ;)

Hope yours sorts itself out. Maybe change the USB stick, I'm using a Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler. £6 on Amazon.

My PHEV makes the exact same glitch type noise you describe when playing songs from my wife's iPod Nano. It happens so often its virtually unusable!

At least I know it's not just me.

As suggested, I switched to SD and the difference is night and day. You don't get any hanging and you don't get the progress bar thing while it updates.

Job jobbed.

Back