Battery Gauge Increases without charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

My present PHEV was left for a day after a days driving. Could not recharge it immediately. Battery Gauge was showing 8 bars with 44km battery range. After a day sitting idle in my garage I went to plug in to recharge.and when connected, the battery gauge showed 10 bars and 2:00 hours to recharge.

It is quite obvious that the gauge does not show stored energy, as this had not changed over the period of a day.

It seems like this is another shortcut in the PHEV instrumentation. Must be some indication of battery volts, which is not a good gauge of battery stored energy.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future software update, along with many other similar bugs.

My PHEV does this regularly. I will drive a certain distance and the display will say I have, for example, 13 miles remaining. After a gap of about 4 hours without being charged, when I start it up again it will often initially say it has about 3-4 miles more range than it displayed when I shut it down, e.g 16-17 miles. However, that 'extra' range normally disappears within 2 miles of driving and I then actually get what it said when it was shut down. It seems to happen where the last mile or so before stopping has been done at 30mph or less.

Hi Chrisdy,

My observation was not with the predicted range, but with the blue battery bar, and the battery picture in the INFO/TRIP screen.

The predicted battery range on PHEV's I have driven has ranged from 35km up to 89km. The actual driving range seems to be close to 42-45km of 60-80kph local driving. I Don't drive with EV on the highway.

Would have better range prediction, with a coin flip.

Back