New Cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Just thought I would post a few images of the new 30amp cable I have now acquired for the Outlander, Now all I need is the car to plug into.

Very pleased with the quality and the cable is fairly flexible/soft for the diameter, apparently it will still be fairly flexible in the cold! I have placed a lock I intend to use in the Type 1 end just to show it in place.

This is the web page if your interested http://nuworldenergy.co.uk/shop/type-1-j1772

Hi
Yes, I also got mine from that website - it seemed to be a reasonable price, quick delivery etc. Have used it once so far, but then I've not joined Charge Your Car or anything yet - I used an ecotricity point at the Green Britain Centre near Swaffham - you need a cable for that one as its not a super fast chademo.
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
Hi
Yes, I also got mine from that website - it seemed to be a reasonable price, quick delivery etc. Have used it once so far, but then I've not joined Charge Your Car or anything yet - I used an ecotricity point at the Green Britain Centre near Swaffham - you need a cable for that one as its not a super fast chademo.
Cheers
H

I assume it's just a simple matter of plugging it in and your away like the OEM one?

Shame that Mitsubishi didn't look at the other electric/PHEV vehicles for some ideas, like the Nissan Leaf where the cable gets locked in place when connected and you have to unlock it with the fob before removal.

I thinks it's all about keeping the price the same as the original Outlander. Leaf was born an electric car so everything seems to be in the right place. However I'm sure the leaf community have their own set of little niggles.

I also have the 32A J1772 lead. I've called Rolec today to moan about the quality and design on this lead. First problem is the brittle plastic which only needs a small tap on a hard floor to chip, crazy not to put some rubber socks on each end to stop this happening or just make a better quality lead for the money.

And the other problem I have is the amount it sticks out from the car when charging, meaning the door has to stay fully open. Just a matter of time before someone walking between the two cars in the charging bays and bends the door back :?

Paddlepower said:
And the other problem I have is the amount it sticks out from the car when charging, meaning the door has to stay fully open. Just a matter of time before someone walking between the two cars in the charging bays bends the door back :?

Serve them right then when they trip over the cable :lol:

greendwarf said:
Paddlepower said:
And the other problem I have is the amount it sticks out from the car when charging, meaning the door has to stay fully open. Just a matter of time before someone walking between the two cars in the charging bays bends the door back :?

So, after they sue me I should be able to offset the cost of by bent charging flap against their claim :cool:

Paddlepower said:
greendwarf said:
Paddlepower said:

So, after they sue me I should be able to offset the cost of by bent charging flap against their claim :cool:

Not really - you'll also be paying to replace the cable that has had the plug ripped off the end and, possibly, the socket in the car that has been snapped out of its housing...

greendwarf said:
Paddlepower said:

Seeing how I started all this!!.......... The reason I chose this cable was because it does stick out. The socket keeps the cable away from the paintwork. Also I only use it at home so its me that will bend the flap back. Talking of the charging flap, with the supplied 13amp cable you can somewhat half close the flap on the socket when plugged in but returning to the car it is fully open again! Why? because the wind catches it!! to solve this I had one of them elastic cable tidy things from the socket to the flap. Works a treat and stays on the cable. I will try and post a photo to show you what I mean.

Sharky said:
greendwarf said:
Paddlepower said:

Seeing how I started all this!!.......... The reason I chose this cable was because it does stick out. The socket keeps the cable away from the paintwork. Also I only use it at home so its me that will bend the flap back. Talking of the charging flap, with the supplied 13amp cable you can somewhat half close the flap on the socket when plugged in but returning to the car it is fully open again! Why? because the wind catches it!! to solve this I had one of them elastic cable tidy things from the socket to the flap. Works a treat and stays on the cable. I will try and post a photo to show you what I mean.

I take your point, I didn't think about keeping the cable away from the car. However, I've got so many layers of wax on it... would be hard for the cable to do any damage :)

I've also thought about a bungee to hold the door in place will have a look for a short one. Off for my first away from home plug-in tomorrow, wish me luck!

Not really - you'll also be paying to replace the cable that has had the plug ripped off the end and, possibly, the socket in the car that has been snapped out of its housing

lol

Back