Sat NAV screen - can you turn off the language selection

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilP

Hi

This may have been posted elsewhere, picked up my GH4S last week and thoroughly enjoying getting to grips with the many driving options.

One frustrating screen is the sat NAV.

When it turns on it defaults to the language selection screen prompting to input the language.

Is there any way to bypass this screen in the settings?

I don't remember the wording, but I believe it is a dual purpose screen - it includes all the disclaimers about paying attention to the road and not fiddling with the satnav while driving. This may not be required by law, but most satnavs seem to do the same these days - an effort to defuse law suits in the event of an accident, I guess. My Prius certainly popped up a similar screen on power-up.

That is correct. The warning screen is a legal requirement in some markets. Adding the language choice is quite a good idea imo

Just to add - you don't have to hit Ok, just ignore the screen entirely and after a few (ok, perhaps several) seconds it will just skip that screen and go to your normal default (or reversing camera if you have one/select reverse).
Cheers
H

On AUS shipped models we only get the road rules jibber with an OK button on power ON. The radio can be accessed by the button and the reverse camera with REVERSE, but to access the SatNav, the OK button on the page with the rules has to be pressed.

Why can't the OK button appear faster, instead of half way down the road when we are already driving somewhere. Sort of defeats the purpose of not touching the screen when driving.

Not only do i find the language screen infuriating (answered) but also the sat nav. I DONT WANT IT EVERY DAY! I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I USED SAT NAV!
Can I turn it off? Remove sd card perhaps?
Its like a b****y preflight check on a plane before you get going. Can I lock the drive mode screen on. So I dont have set it up every damn time i start off. Its driving me bonkers! :evil:

jaapv said:
Just try it. If you don't press it, it will move on after a few seconds.

Not on the Aussie ones jaapy, we have to press OK if we want the other screens.

It's also annoying that you can't turn the radio off immediately, ie the push button does nothing until the system has booted up, when the 'other' driver has left the radio on...again!

Tipper said:
It's also annoying that you can't turn the radio off immediately, ie the push button does nothing until the system has booted up, when the 'other' driver has left the radio on...again!
But you can turn down the volume. So, not that big of a problem, I hope.

anko said:
Tipper said:
But you can turn down the volume. So, not that big of a problem, I hope.

Yes I do do that but not as simple as punching the annoyance button! :) There's enough start-up chiming without the radio coming on too.

Back