Mitsubishis(official?) formula for minimizing ICE when cold.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot believe the aircon cannot remove droplets on the windscreen as well as the mist. I will spay the inside of my car windsreen and test the aircon. Must be that the snowflake icon is OFF, so only using the fan, and this will not effectively remove the moisture from the cabin and it will re-condense on the cold surfaces. Heating up the car and then opening the vents or windows will move the hot humid air to outside the cabin.

gwatpe said:
I cannot believe the aircon cannot remove droplets on the windscreen as well as the mist. I will spay the inside of my car windsreen and test the aircon. Must be that the snowflake icon is OFF, so only using the fan, and this will not effectively remove the moisture from the cabin and it will re-condense on the cold surfaces. Heating up the car and then opening the vents or windows will move the hot humid air to outside the cabin.

295mpg from a GX3h says it all - you only get those figures by ensuring that the petrol engine hardly ever runs and on a GX3, that means no heating.

maby said:
gwatpe said:

295mpg from a GX3h says it all - you only get those figures by ensuring that the petrol engine hardly ever runs and on a GX3, that means no heating.

Sorry go off topic slightly, but how was that 295mpg figure calculated? I just posted in another thread that in my GX3h the trip computer readout shows 'avg --'- mpg' once the number goes higher than 99.9mpg on the display readout. Am I mising something?

that is a Fuelly figure - it's a cloud database that you can link to - every time you fill up your car, you enter your odometer figure and volume of petrol added - it does the sums for you and gives you the option of embedding your brag figure in your emails and forum posts.

With a PHEV, it is fairly meaningless anyway since it does not take into account the cost of electricity. Unless you have a roof full of solar panels, the PHEV can never do better than about 200mpg since that is the equivalent cost of the electricity you will use translated into petrol assuming that you burn no petrol at all.

maby said:
that is a Fuelly figure - it's a cloud database that you can link to - every time you fill up your car, you enter your odometer figure and volume of petrol added - it does the sums for you and gives you the option of embedding your brag figure in your emails and forum posts.

With a PHEV, it is fairly meaningless anyway since it does not take into account the cost of electricity. Unless you have a roof full of solar panels, the PHEV can never do better than about 200mpg since that is the equivalent cost of the electricity you will use translated into petrol assuming that you burn no petrol at all.

Ok I thought I'd missed a setting on the GX3h that gave you an MPG reading above 100mpg. Looks like they just took the driver display instrument panel from the diesel variant and it can't cope with PHEV 3 digit mpg. Not a problem for GX4 with MMCS I guess.

steve2001 said:
maby said:

Ok I thought I'd missed a setting on the GX3h that gave you an MPG reading above 100mpg. Looks like they just took the driver display instrument panel from the diesel variant and it can't cope with PHEV 3 digit mpg. Not a problem for GX4 with MMCS I guess.

I think the MMCS shows the same. Not that I would notice - I've averaged around 55mpg over the 1800 miles since we took delivery of the car.

you can temporarily set the units to litre/100km take that reading and convert it to mpg using a google converter.

CJ

Thanks for the replies regarding the condensation - it means I'm not alone with this. I suspect that the "through ventilation" is not as good as it was on the Avensis. Hopefully, it may also be due to the excessive rainfall we've had in the UK and will pass as the weather changes. In the meantime there's been some useful ideas to think about. :)

jaapv said:
which unfrtunately maxes out to --.-- when it goes into three digits as well.....

Not sure what you mean by this, I have just returned from a journey which used just a splash of fuel. The readout was 0.4l/100km and using Google this converts to 588 mpg

CJ

I'll have a look later. I have set mine to km/L and run up to 99 Km/L. Maybe you can set it to Gallons/100Miles and make the conversion easier.

The car was originally programmed for the Japanese market.

The preferred economy display is L/100km. The PHEV works this out without any problems. The problems with the miles/gallon and km/L all potentially start at infinity and so will always have a problem in a car that can be driven without petrol. Computers have trouble with divisions by zero. This is similar to the charge cost screen that was worked out for Yen/kWh. There is a scaling problem here, still to be resolved.

I suppose there will still be a problem with over 99.9L/100km. The gauge on the MMCS only goes to 20L/100km, and my OBD2 only shows a maximum of 50L/100km from the computer. I don't hope to ever see more than a fleeting glance of more than 20L/100km. The PHEV has no trouble displaying economy at 0.1L/100km, or even 0.0L/100km Over 1000kpL.

Back