WiFi

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

That is no a very impressive aspect of the car, I must say. Firstly it is rather unpractical; you must log out of your home network to be able to connect with the car- and secondly the signal is quite weak. As soon as one is indoors the connection gets lost. :x . That is one thing Mitsubishi should address in an update. Maybe allow the car to connect to a home network.

I think the idea is that you have wireless connection while you are in the vehicle/driving etc. I don't think the idea is that it's supposed to supply wifi from the vehicle into your house, and actually I think the signal would be weak on purpose to limit anyone else trying to connect and use your wifi connection while driving etc.

Am I totally wrong? My friend has a BMW SUV with wifi and that's how his works, so I assume the Outlander PHEV's operation would be similar?

The Outlander PHEV does not come with "wifi on board" to connect to the internet.

The wifi is used to connect to an app (available on app-store or android similar store). With this app you can control charging of the car from within the house (or control the pre-heating from distance).

The idea is fine, but as stated in the start of this topic, the connection to this wifi is poor, and not far enough from the car.

I wonder if it will work to have a WiFi repeater near the car? I think I’ll just order one and try - these things are not expensive.

Senappel said:
On the dutch phev forum there is information on succesfull use of repeater outside the car.

As I don't speak Dutch, could you point is in the right direction? I'm assuming any some repeater will do the trick? Might have a play later on in the week when I'm home and see what I can do?

DrSlackBladder said:
Does anybody know if there is/will be a Blackberry PHEV app?
I think it's highly unlikely - if you've got a BB10 capable device, you can enable 3rd party android app stores and use the android app (I've got it on my phone). It loads ok but as I've haven't got the car yet, I can only confirm it works in "demo" mode, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

webbo73 said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Does anybody know if there is/will be a Blackberry PHEV app?
I think it's highly unlikely - if you've got a BB10 capable device, you can enable 3rd party android app stores and use the android app (I've got it on my phone). It loads ok but as I've haven't got the car yet, I can only confirm it works in "demo" mode, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Really?! It's a Z10 BB, so that could work. Thanks!

Back