Real time consumption

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gms025

19l/100km. How can you manage this with constant driving over a long distance for example 1000 km?? Any consumption is given on mostly flat terrain. What happen to the numbers when u live in a country with lots of steep hills and very cold winters?(By the way im living in western Norway with lots of mountains and winter temp average from december to march mostly -10 celsius, and on coldest periods -30) Is the number 19l/100km achievable at all??

I dont really understand this fully, but why are the numbers at full fueltank and and full battery only 880km? If the number 19l/100km should fit on a 45 l fueltank, the range should be approx 2360km. A distance of given 880km should use about half the fueltank..

Really want to buy this car, and i am going to try it tomorrow, but already have a hunch that the diesel version offers a more complete driving experience and a more "correct" comsumption. If the car offer me 19l/100km + electricity costs then im buyin, otherwise im out.

Im also going to use a caravan for my new car. (about 1200 kg max 1500kg) What happens with consumption if i wanna go steep hills with that?

Can somone try to explain this a bit more accurate for me please?

Thanks

gms025 said:
19l/100km. How can you manage this with constant driving over a long distance for example 1000 km?? Any consumption is given on mostly flat terrain. What happen to the numbers when u live in a country with lots of steep hills and very cold winters?(By the way im living in western Norway with lots of mountains and winter temp average from december to march mostly -10 celsius, and on coldest periods -30) Is the number 19l/100km achievable at all??

I dont really understand this fully, but why are the numbers at full fueltank and and full battery only 880km? If the number 19l/100km should fit on a 45 l fueltank, the range should be approx 2360km. A distance of given 880km should use about half the fueltank..

Really want to buy this car, and i am going to try it tomorrow, but already have a hunch that the diesel version offers a more complete driving experience and a more "correct" comsumption. If the car offer me 19l/100km + electricity costs then im buyin, otherwise im out.

Im also going to use a caravan for my new car. (about 1200 kg max 1500kg) What happens with consumption if i wanna go steep hills with that?

Can somone try to explain this a bit more accurate for me please?

Thanks

19l/100km is based on a mix of EV and Gas usage. If you only use battery (ie you never drive more than 30-50 km, anf don't need the extra heating from the ICE) the consumption woulfd be Zero.
But on long distance drives the consumtion will be about 6 l/100km according to Mitsubishi

It is a matter about energy sources, storage and consumption. If you drive short distances < 30 km, in the summer, have a light right foot and always keep the battery fully charged from a 220v supply, you may experience a fuel consumption near 0 l/100 km for as long as you want.

If you think of charged energy as free energy, then you have approximately 10 kwh of free energy available from each full charge. When you have used this energy, the PHEV is no more efficient than a modern turbodiesel car, and the consumption will be "normal".

Well, I just drove the motorway. Autobahn from Rotterdam to Wurzburg with a laden car with Skibox on top with the ACC fixed at 130, ECO and Charge selected. Night and outside temp 3 degrees.
The car took 11.4 litres per 100 KM and I could not have driven faster, as it did not manage to keep battery charge. In fact on the hilly part between Cologne and Frankfurt it dropped to one bar reserve, now it is back to nearly half full, saved by long stretches of 100 KpH maximum speed.
I think if it would have been towing something like a caravan it would have run down into the emergency mode…

aaaa1-2.jpg

11.4 l/100km is quite normal for a SUV at that speed. It proves that the PHEV has to deal with the law so physics just as every other car around.
In my experience also, the charge button has no significant effect on charging at highway speeds >120 kmh.

Not complaining, just reporting. ;)
But I do not think this is a very suitable car for the German market, as one tends to drive long stretches at high speed over there. My normal driving style was 160-170 for really long stretches and about 200 for medium ones. More for the diesel saloons of this world. Or a Panamera :lol:
No matter, I’ll just plan more time. 130 is quite relaxed. :D

Consumption is so much dempending on how you drive.
I've had mine a few days now, and been commuting to my work which is 15 km from home.
I've had an average fuel consumption of 1,1L/100km which is much lower than the 1,9 that the official specs say.
The temperature has been around 0, and most of the fuel has been used for heating, so when spring comes, probably I will come closer to 0.
But of course, as soon as I run longer than the EV range, there will be completely different figures.

But as a commuter car it's absolutely perfect!

bullit said:
I've had mine a few days now, and been commuting to my work which is 15 km from home.
I've had an average fuel consumption of 1,1L/100km which is much lower than the 1,9 that the official specs say.
The temperature has been around 0, and most of the fuel has been used for heating, so when spring comes, probably I will come closer to 0.
But of course, as soon as I run longer than the EV range, there will be completely different figures.

Sounds great. Where do you charge, at home AND at work or only at home or at your work? I have also 15 km to my work and will pobably not have the possibilty to charge it at work, so that is why I ask.

Luckily you bought a plug-in hybrid and not just a plug-in :lol:

Is your commute of 15km flat ground, or downhill both ways? You might be just able to make it on EV power, but with gasoline for heat in cold temperatures.

hehehehe said:
bullit said:

Sounds great. Where do you charge, at home AND at work or only at home or at your work? I have also 15 km to my work and will pobably not have the possibilty to charge it at work, so that is why I ask.

If you drive carefully withopuit too much heat turned on you will probably make it. My batter is normally about 60% when i arrive.

Had a car on loan yesterday and drove 110km(one way) to work back and forth. It had a full charge when I left in the morning, temperature was just around freezing and the car was cold. The drive is mostly highway driving(110-120km/h) and some city driving (20km). I used normal driving mode and 20 degree C cabin temperature.
The battery lasted around 38km before it was depleted on the trip to work.

Avg. consumption for the trip to work(110 km, charged battery) was 0.5l/10Km.
Avg. consumption from work(110 km, empty battery) was 0.75l/10km.

The only issue I had with the car was the drivers seat wasn't adjustable enough(non electric/cloth seats). The front of the seat could not be raised to support my legs and it was an uncomfortable driving position.
Luckily the leather seats with electrical adjustment has this feature and gives a much better driving position.

So, if you are getting this car, get it with the leather/electric seats!

After driving about 800km on my new Outlander PHEV, I was visiting today a gas station for the first time.

These are the figures: 784km with the consumption of 36l. This is making an average of 4.6l/100km, which is not bad for a 2 ton SUV! We drove about half of the kilometres on the motorway, off the motorway we were driving almost only in electric mode.

We charge it daily, on cold mornings the range is indicated with about 45km, after a warmer night (+10°C) we already had 52km electric range on the display :D .

So far the car is quite close to the values indicated by Mitsubishi. For the next weeks we have to drive less on motorways, then even the 1.9l seems to be makeable.

Marc

Practical 'real time' consumption of different users/owners can best be checked on www.spritmonitor.de
So far my best all electric driving distance was a 48 km loop with ~ 1400 feet vertical gain/drop on a rainy 8°C day in Switzerland...
For 52 kms You definitely need a light foot, coast whenever possible and keep downtown speeds!

Back