Bleepers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonPaul

Is there any way of shutting up the bleeps that go off if I want to sit with a door open but still have the radio etc on ??????

This is a popular topic that turns up from time to time.

Other than removing the devices that can be removed, the noises seem to be part of the ownership experience.

I used to call my car: "Beepy" because it was always beeping about something.

:)

Over time I've developed strange habits, for example when I get out of the car to open the garage door, I leave the door almost shut (so that you can't hear the constant 'door open' chime, but not quite shut because actually shutting the door triggers the 'OMG the key has LEFT THE VEHICLE! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! WAKE UP ALL THE NEIGHBOURS!!!' beeps.

The alternative to the Schrödinger's door placement is to shut the car down any time you get out for any reason, and if you have any passengers (including pets) that's probably a better thing to do anyway.

I believe their sound can be controlled via the Vehicle Volume/Sound Settings. At least, it's possible on the 2020+ models, not sure about the ones with the older infotainment.

I haven't tried if I can actually stop them, but I have put them at "1", so they are pretty low.

Back