EV SYSTEM ERROR & DTC P101C

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterPHEVs

Oh no.
Finally persuaded a fast charger to work (way to go Oz). It stopped charging about 20 minutes in, at about 80%. Car then displayed EV SYSTEM ERROR. Would not switch to EV Mode, could not switch on cruise control and power was cut to around 50-60%. Good times. Still was working as an EV and hybrid.

Limped home and oddly the 240V charger still works. Dialed up TOrque App and found DTC P101C. I cleared it a couple of times but it came back. A bit of interwebbing turned up a Technical Service Bulletin explaining that this relates to a fast charge abnormal current detection fault which can be rectified by a software update. I will take it in asap and hope the oompah loompahs can fix it.

Anyone else had this? Did Mitsu charge for the update?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-10 215300.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-10 215300.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20220710-205841855 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-205841855 (1).jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 107
Following this... anyone else experienced this issue?

Mine failed in exactly the same manner recently.
Charged to 80%, charger stopped automatically, start the car, and immediately EV/ACC system errors on the dash, and limp mode.
Using charge mode is OK, AC charge is OK.

Took it to the dealer, they had it for nearly 2 weeks, told me they 'replaced the quick charge board' and a fuse. They reported finding DTC P101C.

All was well for a little bit, manage to quick charge 4 times since then, and on the 4th time, exactly the same thing again.
Currently back at the dealer, been there a week, apparently they're replacing the fuse again.

Both times it failed, it was using an Evie charger. Is the Evie charger ABB?

For a 2019 model, the P101C code indicates that the Negative Quick Charge Contactor has welded shut, from the FSM:
The PHEV-ECU sets diagnosis code No. P101B or P101C when the quick charging contactor (P) or (N) is stuck.
note
If either of diagnosis code No. P101B or P101C is set, the motor output will be restricted and quick charging will be disabled.
If diagnosis code Nos. P101B and P101C are set simultaneously, "Ready" will be disabled.
If you disconnect or strike the quick charging connector during quick charging, diagnosis code Nos. P1B02, P1B03 and P1AFE may be set simultaneously.
If the diagnosis codes are set only when you use a certain quick charrger, the quick charger may be faulty.

PROBABLE CAUSES
Malfunction of quick charging contactor (P) or (N)

As shown in the OP, there may be some DCQC units that also cause this DTC.

Which fuse was replaced?

Back