Galaxy S5 - Is it possible to navigate music folders?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOz

Staff member
Hi people,

My phone (Galaxy S5) is happily connecting to MMCS via blu-tooth, and I'm able to handle calls etc. with no problems.

(Nice work Mitsubishi!)

However, when using the phone as a music player, I haven't been able to find any way to nagivate between folders on the phone.

The result of this, is that MMCS seems to be only able to see whatever was last selected on the phone.

I can manually navigate to a folder on the phone, and then play the selected album from the phone, but can't find any way to achieve this through MMCS.

There is a button/rotary dial marked "Folder" on the console, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than switch the mode of MMCS when pushed. Rotating this dial, doesn't seem to have any effect in music playing mode.

Pressing the track seek buttons (on screen, or on the controls around the screen) seem to only show the tracks inside the current folder.

Has anyone found any way to navigate around folders in this fashion through MMCS?

Andy

The USB support only support mass storage devices (USB sticks and maybe HDDs) and Apple devices for navigation. Over Bluetooth you get play/pause/ff/rew style controls for the active music player only and not media file access. You have to start your preferred music app - that supports BT controls, most do now - and use that.

OK.

So it is the music player on the phone that isn't giving MMCS the ability to search outside of the currently selected album?

The app has lots of functionality which doesn't seem to be available through MMCS.

I'll try different apps and see what I can find.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andy

Back