GX3h owners Reversing camera/sat nav

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam470

I have been using my dealers demo model GX4h as there is a delay in delivering my GX3h. I am liking the reversing camera and sat nav has anyone had one fitted to there GX3h. Any information on model, price etc is appreciated :p
Sam

The reversing camera is neat. Find myself turning of the sensors as they feel obsolete. You will need to clean the camera from time to time though. Make a habit to swipe a finger before getting into the car.
Not sure I'd invest in the satnav though. It sux in any perspective. Only nice thing is...it's integrated. Perhaps an older iPad with your own choice of GPS software.

kljasdfbkjaaalke said:
The reversing camera is neat. Find myself turning of the sensors as they feel obsolete. You will need to clean the camera from time to time though. Make a habit to swipe a finger before getting into the car.
Not sure I'd invest in the satnav though. It sux in any perspective. Only nice thing is...it's integrated. Perhaps an older iPad with your own choice of GPS software.
Did Mitsubishi fit your reversing camera?
Sam

Got the 4hs here. Hated the reversing cam at first, but with regret I have come to "not mind" it.

As for the sat nav, I haven't used it since owning the car. I use Waze on a tablet with a holder, and would never go back. Immediate feedback on accidents, road closures, etc. etc. It saved me over an hour on a 1hr 15 minute journey last week with an accident on the M32.

I tried the sat nav the other day, but after putting in a postcode (which was all that was needed on my old Freelander), it wouldn't show a location. I had to then choose street, town etc., so gave up. Waze just wants a postcode, if that (as it uses google search).

So, maybe 'yes' to the camera but no to the Sat Nav.

^ Wot he said.

Waze user here, tried the sat nav a couple of times, Waze MUCH better. Nice to have it as a backup though.

However starting to really prefer the camera to the beepers I had on the Range Rover.

sam470 said:
kljasdfbkjaaalke said:
Did Mitsubishi fit your reversing camera?
Sam
I'm in Sweden and all our versions got the camera by default.

I don’t have that much problems with the navsat, once I got used to it, it works fine for me. It is based on NAVTEQ aka Nokia, like many other car makers are. It makes the same mistakes my Jaguar did.

sounds like a good tip re rainx - will try that. I love the camera and can't really see what problem people have with it. I hate parking our other car now (no camera or sensors). Then again, I've never had sensors to compare to.
H

Back