Ipod Classic / Bluetooth options

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winitycats

Hi - newby here!

I have read a lot about the ipod classic not connecting, after trying mine several times, so wondered what folk had done if they have a lot of music - I have just under 20k songs, and yes, I do like to have them with me!

One option was to buy a Bluetooth converter for the ipod. Another is to buy a new machine. But is there any other way around this problem?

I took the car to the dealer and they didn't really (want to) know - probably as my company bought the car at another dealer!

Help appreciated.

Ta.

Hi there!
I have an ipod touch 5th gen and a 6th gen.
Did have some issues when connecting using Bluetooth.
But tried it several times and good to go now.
Did you try connecting it using the data cable?
And can you please mention your vehicles' YOM?

NS633 said:
Hi there!

Cheers for that.

Its brand new 2016. Its an ipod classic, so no Bluetooth, but I could buy an adaptor (not sure how good they are).

Original Apple cable used - music comes out, but no listings for artists / albums etc, so can only play alphabetically....

Very frustrating!

winitycats said:
NS633 said:
Hi there!

Cheers for that.

Its brand new 2016. Its an ipod classic, so no Bluetooth, but I could buy an adaptor (not sure how good they are).

Original Apple cable used - music comes out, but no listings for artists / albums etc, so can only play alphabetically....

Very frustrating!
Seems like the 2016 MMCS isn't fully functional with Ipod classics.
But I too have a 2016 version,so can give it a shot if I had an Ipod classic ;)

You will have to buy a Bluetooth transmitter it seems.
Try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131934357076

OK - so I went to a dealers and asked them and they went straight to Mitsubishi.

Apparently it takes around 10 minutes to load 1500 songs - so with my 20k songs I may as well shoot myself - as I am never going to see them!

So the next question, or part of the question, does anyone use a Bluetooth product to play their music and, if so, do they work well and can you control via the car itself?

Ta very much!

Back