Low Tyre Pressure warning on cold mornings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

The temperatures the last mornings has been -15 degree, or even lower, and I have had Low Tyre Pressure warning. I know air contracts in cold weather, but to the extent that my tyre pressure is affected is surprising. None of the tyres look flat, and after a few minutes of driving the warning goes away by itself.

What is the warning level set at, and how do I turn it off? I see in the dash that there is a button to turn it off with, but which one is that?

/Bo

I had the same thing and when I checked the pressures they all seemed fine (about 30psi, which reminds me I didn't look up what the spec is).

I just put a couple more pounds in each tyre and the problem is resolved.

30 PSI is very low. I find the car runs best on 40 PSI (about 35 in serious frost). Much more stable and still comfortable.

I am running on studded tyres, Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8, and the pressure was set by my dealer, hence I don't even know what it is. What should it be for a studded winter tyre in the extreme cold?

jaapv said:
30 PSI is very low. I find the car runs best on 40 PSI (about 35 in serious frost). Much more stable and still comfortable.

Thanks for that, I will pump them up some more!!

Back