middle seatbelts press into daughter's bottom - any solutions?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonathanCarmichael

Bought used 2021 Outlander PHEV Feb 2024
In my 2021 vehicle, the seatbelts for the middle passenger are digging into my adult daughter's bottom when she uses the middle belt, causing understandable complaints!
The problem is mostly on the right side, where two seatbelts go in.
I have discovered that the seatbelt tongues (or whatever they are called: the pieces on the belt that click into the red holders) can be rotated, to point them away from the person complaining the most (!). And we can slide one seatbelt forward, so they are separated a bit.

Are there any other solutions please? (Spare me the "get a slimmer daughter" ones... she's very slim already)

Attachments

• 20240311_155926.jpg
    20240311_155926.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In my car, the middle seatbelt socket can be hidden under the seat, and the lap/sash part can be rolled up into the roof.

It's probably worth looking under the seat to see if yours can do the same.

In my car, the middle seatbelt socket can be hidden under the seat, and the lap/sash part can be rolled up into the roof.

It's probably worth looking under the seat to see if yours can do the same.
Thanks AndyInOz, but our problem is not how to put away the seatbelt connections. It's how to make it more comfortable for the middle passenger of three, when she is using the middle seatbelt. 😊

Thanks AndyInOz, but our problem is not how to put away the seatbelt connections. It's how to make it more comfortable for the middle passenger of three, when she is using the middle seatbelt. 😊
Well middle passenger of three is already contradict with comfortable ride ;) so if she uses the belt there is now way hiding it in the same time.

How about a pillow/cushion to lift her up beyond the pointy bits of the belt connections?
I think this is a good idea.

I've had an older passenger complain about the hardness of the back seat.

A nice seat cushion could solve multiple problems.

Medium or high density foam rubber could do the trick.

I have a squishy gel cushion for office chairs, I should offer that the the guy that complained to me.

:)

Back