New MY13 owner - a couple questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinner

Hello all!

I recently aquired a 2013 Outlander phev and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I check if my car have the TPMS?
I can see the metal style rim's stem valves fitted BUT I cannot see the TPMS menu if go trough the menus in car. Also the TPMS dashboard light(at the bottom of the speedometer) will not come on while starting up. Maybe can the system be disabled or it just has the sensors in the rims??

2. How can I check if the car has the electric water heater?
It has the remote climate control menu and wifi with a 14 length long password.

3. I plan to change the main HV battery but as I see, it uses AC cooling for the cells.
Can I only empty and refill the refrigerant gas and leave the AC oil there? OR do I have to do the proper refrigerant + AC oil service?

:)

How do I check if my car have the TPMS?
I can see the metal style rim's stem valves fitted BUT I cannot see the TPMS menu if go trough the menus in car. Also the TPMS dashboard light(at the bottom of the speedometer) will not come on while starting up. Maybe can the system be disabled or it just has the sensors in the rims??
Good point. If you have the metal valves its expected to have the tpms.
Didnyou check in the dashboard menu, or in the infotainment?

How can I check if the car has the electric water heater?
I beleive that if it have chademmo and remote heating you have the electric heater.
You can try by setting the interior temp to +2/3 agains the outside temp and see if the mci kicks in.

3. I plan to change the main HV battery but as I see, it uses AC cooling for the cells.
Can I only empty and refill the refrigerant gas and leave the AC oil there? OR do I have to do the proper refrigerant + AC oil service?
Sorry can.t help on this one

When you remove the original battery you would have to add the specified amount of oil for the system.

The oil and refrigerant are both non conductive for the EV system, and you need a special dedicated EV A/C machine to empty and replenish the system.

Here in Australia you have to be licensed to do this. Im quite sure the same applies to Europe

Hello all!

I recently aquired a 2013 Outlander phev and I have a couple of questions.

:)
If it is a 2013 model then it may well not have TPMS as it did not become mandatory in Europe until 2014 AFAIK. The other possibility is that the batteries in the sensors are long dead.

TPMS - if the batteries are dead - would it not show as a warning on the info screen?
Also I cannot enter the TPMS settings menu as if there was none.

Now I can answer my own questions:
- No yellow TMPS light lights up on the dash upon startup
- IN the settings menu there is no 1-2 tyres settings
== no TMPS

- on the left side of the car, underneath there are exposed rubber hoses that connect to the heater.
== it has the heater

better to do the proper AC service. You can empty the refrigerant with *any* AC machine. BUT to recharge you must use a dedicated AC machine for electric cars only

You can empty the refrigerant with *any* AC machine. BUT to recharge you must use a dedicated AC machine for electric cars only
Just to clarify: this is because the oil used for electric compressors is different to most mechanically driven compressors (POE vs PAG)

Back