Pod Point public charger point - non release of charge cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martini

Wondered if any others have suffered from the charger cable on a public Pod Point charger not being released when a charge session is terminated early.
This happened to me yesterday at a local Pod Point charger which uses the Pod Point application (no RFID card needed). After struggling to remove the cable for some 20 minutes I telephoned Pod Point and the support guy released/reset the point but the cable would still not release. Eventually, after about 30 minutes at the point when the support guy was about to get a technician to attend, it suddenly released the cable. During the whole of this time the car end plug was removed from the PHEV. I was using a Type 1 to Type 2 charger cable.
It seems really odd that there is no means at these charge points to terminate a charge session other than just removing the cable from the PHEV. I asked support about this and the answer was "To end the charge you simply pull the cable out of the vehicle. There is no disconnect button. The cable should come out of the POD Point cleanly afterwards."

Luckily I was not in a hurry but it has made me very wary of these public charge points.

Never had an issue myself thankfully. Did you try plugging the cable back into the car and then releasing again to see if that helped trigger the release?

Yes, this was part of the procedure suggested by the POD Point support guy who I must say was very helpful. Unfortunately this did not help either.

Back