Possible cause for Ready light not coming on

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anko

Every once in a while, people have issues with the Ready light not coming on and not being able to move the car. I experienced such issue the last couple of days, and discovered why. Thought it could be helpful to one or two to share.

I have a dealer installed after-market alarm system (Cobra) with an additional immobiliser. Normally, this equipment responds to a single click on the Open and Close buttons on the FOB, as well as to a single push on the button on the driver-side door handle. After disabling automatic (un)folding of the wing mirrors via the App, the alarm and immobiliser only respond to a double click on the Open and Close buttons of the FOB. A single click on the Open or Close button will still unlock or lock the car, but it will not activate or deactivate the alarm and immobiliser.

So, in the morning you get to your car. Most likely, the night before, you closed the car with a single click on the Close button, as a double click would have folded the mirrors and would have defeated the purpose of changing the setting. So the alarm is not active. But the immobiliser is, because it kicked in automatically, a minute or two after the car was turned off. So, after you unlock the car with a single click on the FOB and open the door, the alarm will not go off, but you will not be able to put the car in Ready mode either, due to the still active immobiliser.

I did experience the refusal of the car to go to ready when I do not wait for the Beep by the Cobra alarm.I have my folding mirrors on automatic. I find it quite practical that way, as it gives me a possibility of checking visually whether the car is locked.

Back