Regen Braking - Does Anybody Know If It's Changed?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moctu

Just a curiosity, I wondered if the regen braking via the paddles has changed on the facelift model?

I'm driving a GX3h+

I see a lot of reference on here to coasting in B0 but when I've engaged B0 my graphic suggests that there is no charge going to the battery. When showing D it appears to be equivalent to B2. If in D, a pull of the paddle puts it in B3 and a pull and hold from any B state returns the graphic to D.

However, if in B5 at speed, using the paddle to reduce the resistance one step at a time only allows it to go down to B2. It won't go any further.

Is this the same as the previous version or just the same??

2 other, unrelated questions -

1) If I change the average milage clock from auto to manual, it returns to auto every time I restart the car. Is this normal because it's very irritating, especially since it can't be changed whilst moving.

2) In the app, there is a setting to change Eco mode from Eco to Comfort. I initially hoped it would remap the button so that it started in Eco mode and had to pushed to change it but unfortunately not. Does anyone know what it actually does?

The point about coasting in B0 is equivalent to putting a normal car into neutral, except that with no power demand the ICE should stop - so nothing to flow to the battery either from engine or wheels. What you describe is the same as the previous model.

However, I've never noticed a problem of paddling down from B5 to B0 but if you are using Cruise Control the car is in D(B2). How do you get to B0 normally, or is only "at speed" - if so, what speed?

Don't know about the other points.

greendwarf said:
The point about coasting in B0 is equivalent to putting a normal car into neutral, except that with no power demand the ICE should stop - so nothing to flow to the battery either from engine or wheels.
When coasting in B0, power is fed from the battery to both motors to eliminate E-drag. This is not shown on the display.

Also, when coasting the engine may keep running and actually burn fuel to overcome its own internal resistance and not slow down the car. This is also not shown on the display. When this happens, the generator is also spinning and some power is fed from the battery to the generator to eliminate E-drag their as well.

Claymore said:
Moctu said:
Ahh, it might be cruise control that's doing the B2 thing. I'll have another play tomorrow. Thanks!

Definitely won't go below B2 (same as 'D') when cruise control is engaged.

Jimb

It is in the stated in the manual......
When the cruise control is engaged, B1 and B2 is not available.

Q2(1)
It is normal to return to auto on startup. Auto is the current trip mileage. Manual is overall mileage since reset.
You CAN change from auto to manual on the move (on my 15 model anyway)
Press left hand button on screen (manual/auto)

Carnut said:
Q2(1)
Press left hand button on screen (manual/auto)

By "screen" are you referring to the touchscreen fancy satnav? Cos I don't have that! I just have the readout on the instrument panel but the "settings" screen disappears when moving :(

Back