Remote Control App - Bewildering Error Messages

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurUK

This App (Android) must be the worst I have ever come across !
Can I suggest the Forum has a specific section just for App related issues, so they are easier to find.

My app did work OK, apart from going around in numerous circles to connect to the car, once connected it did work.
Now it doesn't, for no obvious reason it wont connect at all. Nothing has changed.
Attached are a couple of screengrabs, does anyone understand the error ?

It looks like the English Messages have been translated form maybe Japanese by a non-native-English Speaker and that is the reason most are bewildering contradictions, with double negatives.

Mitsubishi need to commission an English Speaker to rewrite all the text, errors and menus.

Attachments

• Remote Ctrl explainer.jpg
    Remote Ctrl explainer.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Remote Ctrl Error Message.jpg
    Remote Ctrl Error Message.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 2
OK.

I'll have a go at translating that message.

In the vehicle, via the touch screen, there is a function that controls how the wifi works.

That function controls when the WiFi turns off, it's either on all the time, or only on when the vehicle is turned on.

That function is found by choosing the 'Settings' menu and then scrolling to 'Wireless LAN communication Setting'.

(This menu probably also needs to be chosen to reveal other things beneath it - sorry I can't see your screen, so navigating in the dark a bit)

The function should be called 'Always Communicate' and you can choose either 'ON' or 'OFF'.

Now here is the tricky part.

The manual seems to be saying that you have to choose 'OFF' to make it communicate all the time.
(This is counter-intuitive, but they may be correct.)

In your case, I recommend that you try both settings and try to see how it works.

i.e. If it is currently set to 'OFF' try set it to 'ON' (or if it currently says 'ON' try change it to 'OFF')

Then see if your remote works when the car is turned off.

The last step is to try and find out if anyone has changed that setting in the car.

If someone had changed it, put it back to the correct value, and ask them not to change it again.

NB. After 30 years working in IT, I can tell you that it is most likely that no one will remember having made a change, but they will change it again, so you need to remember these steps once you get it working again.

Thanks, it would not have occurred to me to go into the main screen.
I'll have ago.
I have my phone connected via USB for the Google stuff, I thought the WiFi was purely to create an AP for the App.
No one else uses the cars so its a mystery why something has changed.
The App is flakey.

Back