SAT NAV Queries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 258

Hi,

I've had the PHEV 5 days and I think I've worked out most things and read the manuals. I just want to check the following queries.

1) It appears to me there are no voice commands whatsoever for the SAT NAV and

2) It seems that if you use post code entry, you still have to pick a road (quite easy if you just choose list and it shows just the roads that can be selected even if there is only one!) but you are unable to enter a house number. If you choose an address rather than postcode it will let you enter a house number. Poor design me thinks!

Other than that, I quite like the SAT NAV once you get used to its slightly non-intuitive workings.

And I have to add, that I LOVE the PsideP feature (displaying the trip info alongside the map) AND it remembers what screen was used the next time you power up the car!!! This is my preferred screen at present :)

Kind regards,
Mark

Kind regards,
Mark

I haven't used the SatNav much (just enough to find the domineering voice commands a bit grating!), so can't help with your queries yet.

But am very interested in your comment about the PsideP (who came up with that snappy name?) - are you saying it restarts that screen after the car has been to sleep?

maddogsetc said:
But am very interested in your comment about the PsideP (who came up with that snappy name?) - are you saying it restarts that screen after the car has been to sleep?

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. Turn the car on and it starts up with the map on the right hand side of the screen and whatever you have selected on the left. You can choose from AV, trip, gpsinfo, or environment. I choose trip!

Kind regards
Mark

Fan bl@@dy tastic - I've been searching for an option that would save me umpteen button presses every time I start the car :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for that tip Mark - tried it today and it does exactly as you say. Even better, you can actually access the more useful full screens eg. trip, charge cost, with fewer button presses and then return to the PsideP screen just by pressing map! Waaaaayyyyyyy better :D :cool: :ugeek:

Now we just need to solve the album art on SD card issue...

Back