SD card Playlists.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vs2

Hi. This has been asked it seems but never answered or maybe I did not search enough.

2016 PHEV.
How to add playlists to the SD card. There is an option button to show 'playlists' but there are no instructions on how to do it in the owners manual. If you push the playlist button it will simply make a playlist of all tracks in all folders which is not what I want.
As each folder can only hold a max of 255 files and I have say 1000 files in 4 folders called faves, faves1, faves2 and faves3 I want to be able to play these 4 folders as 1 playlist. How do you do this? Thanks.

Ok not sure if there is a 255 track limit for each folder. I converted all tracks to .aac and then loaded all my tracks from my playlist into one folder, then loaded into car and now it is showing over 900 tracks for that folder. So I'll just use the folder names for playlists from now on.

So post above is working fine for me at the moment.

FYI is that .WPL playlists need to be put into the root of the SD card to work. I used WMP to make a playlist and while it did now read the playlist it did not show any tracks and just showed 'no file'. I think the .wpl needs to be edited with notepad or similar to let the MMCS read it properly. So reads the title and the tracks.

<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 12.0.10586.162"/>
<meta name="IsNetworkFeed" content="0"/>
<meta name="ItemCount" content="0"/>
<meta name="IsFavorite"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerListID"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerNameType"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerName"/>
<meta name="Subtitle"/>
<author/>
<title>SOA</title>
</head>
<body>
<seq>