Turn off sounds, beeps and bongs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
englishman said:
You can choose to ignore it and it's not so bad. The beeps don't get to me. I never went the top of the range

With all due respect I think if you had chosen a model with these beeps and bongs you would find it's not that easy to ignore. Try listening to the spoken word on the radio when you have an equally loud beep, beep, beep coming from the same direction. Trust me is isn't easy to ignore.

Smb your making my point for me that's why some of us didn't choose the top of the range model because of that very reason. http://m.caranddriver.com/features/five-annoying-safety-technologies

englishman said:
Smb your making my point for me that's why some of us didn't choose the top of the range model because of that very reason. http://m.caranddriver.com/features/five-annoying-safety-technologies

Exactly! Our GX4h emits half a dozen beeps during startup, then stays quiet till you power down - apart from the occasional beep when the temperature drops below 3 degrees.

But I don't have a top of the range, I have a GX4H, doesn't the GX3 also beep when the door is open and radio on?

SMB said:
But I don't have a top of the range, I have a GX4H, doesn't the GX3 also beep when the door is open and radio on?

I suspect it does... I have to say that, following this thread, I experimented and was surprised that it makes so much fuss about a door being open in ACC mode. I guess that if you are just doing it to be able to hear the radio, you could just open the windows - that does not seem to trigger beeps and bongs.

maby said:
SMB said:

I suspect it does... I have to say that, following this thread, I experimented and was surprised that it makes so much fuss about a door being open in ACC mode. I guess that if you are just doing it to be able to hear the radio, you could just open the windows - that does not seem to trigger beeps and bongs.

I tried that but you lose quite a bit of the sound. You are right, its an unnecessary fuss.....and a pain in the @rse

Listen, saying that you should avoid problems simply by not buying a certain equipment option i plain stupid. You don't want problems at all? Well, dont marry, and never buy a car. Live in a hole in the ground.
I will not go into that discussion further.

The fact is, the rubbish bin of an outlander is making a racket, and we want it stopped.

I'm new to the Outlander, and obviously find new things all the time.
My three lights for the backseat belts turn on (and the main warning light) when I start the car, but it takes a couple of minutes for them to go off.
Is this normal?

Regulo said:
Yep, perfectly normal. Why? Who knows. Probably to give you time to shout at everyone to put the belts on!

OK, but there is no-one in the back seat. Why should those light go on?

Ignoring seatbelts, the beeps that grind my gears are:

* a beep for every single adjustment of the ACC
* Radar cruise control - when a car goes in or out of the edge of range

Please can we turn them off? Suggestions?

anko said:
I would say: don't do anything to disable the seatbelt beep. There is a good reason for having it. But if you must, make sure you do not somehow disable the airbag at the same time. Best to test thoroughly :mrgreen:

Do they sell these where you live?

Mini%20gordelverlenger.png

or

00150832.jpg

Yes, you should not disable the seatbelt beep as it is only for your own safety and will save you from getting a ticket.

SMB said:
maby said:
SMB said:

I tried that but you lose quite a bit of the sound. You are right, its an unnecessary fuss.....and a pain in the @rse

That's why I simply disconnected the relevant plug.

On the car frame, right under the lock of the driver door, you'll find the switch that gives the "driver door open" signal.
Opening one single screw is sufficient for getting the thing out. Deconnecting the plug stops the beeeeeeeeeeping! :)
As I wanted to take care for any future owner who might re-install this "feature", I fixed the plug on a small band before mounting the switch again. This avoids the plug to "disappear" in the frame.

Best regards to all, Harald

PS:
My safety belt warning is still active. When I want to stop this (for example when waiting in the harbour for driving on a ferry), I simply close the seat belt before (!) I sit in the car.
Having the belt in the back does not disturb me for some < 1 minute drives at walking speed.

Back