Warning - PHEV System Fault - Power Reduced - Service Required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife was the driver at the time of the rock impact and she didn't inspect the car to see if coolant was leaking.

I can only repeat what the dealer advised me; for the PHEV ZM series, the cooling system is common for the ICE and traction battery - it's different to the previous gen PHEV.
I tried searching for a schematic or cooling diagram without success hence I can't provide any proof. Section 10-4 "ENGINE AND PLUG-IN HYBRID EV SYSTEM COOLING SYSTEM" of the user manual does allude to the fact it's a common system but it's not explicit.

Looks to me that the AC condenser radiator is a separate unit above the engine/battery radiator.

One of the first mod's I always do to any new motorbike I buy is to add a radiator guard (typically perforated metal/aluminium sheet). I think I'll add something to prevent this happening again.

For what it's worth, I couldn't fault the Mitsubishi Dealer's service and prompt repair.

@NewPHEVowner I hope you get your car repaired soon!

Back