What Android software to read codes and write settings through OBD Dongle?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmageddon

Hi,

I have a few things I need to do byond what PHEV Watchdog gives:

• One morning a few weeks ago I couldn't start the car, it kept saying EV System needs service or something, for a few days afterwards there was orange check engine light that went away. I want to see the fault code before I go to the dealership, if its still there.. my appointment is only on the 23rd unfortunately.
  • The maintenance schedule is set all wrong on mine, set to 12000km or 1 month. I guess I need OBD software which can WRITE to set it properly since I have not found a way to set this through any user accessible menus.

1. Make sure that your OBD dongle isn't causing the errors.

(i.e. remove it and keep it detached for weeks and see if the error goes away)

I'm fairly sure that some other owners have reported that they've found dongles creating errors with the car's software.

2. The next maintenance interval is set via the dealer's menus on the car's system.

There is a method for reaching these menus, and it's something like:

Hold down the top left, top right and bottom right buttons on the screen when starting the car.

If you can post the year/model of your car, hopefully someone else can tell you the method.

(I am assuming that your car doesn't need the one month service)

AndyInOz said:
1. Make sure that your OBD dongle isn't causing the errors.

(i.e. remove it and keep it detached for weeks and see if the error goes away)

I'm fairly sure that some other owners have reported that they've found dongles creating errors with the car's software.

2. The next maintenance interval is set via the dealer's menus on the car's system.

There is a method for reaching these menus, and it's something like:

Hold down the top left, top right and bottom right buttons on the screen when starting the car.

If you can post the year/model of your car, hopefully someone else can tell you the method.

(I am assuming that your car doesn't need the one month service)

Thank you, I will try disconnecting the dongle when not in use, tomorrow.
Its a 2019 GT, North American version so 2 L engine.

Back