which starter battery does the 2019 outlander PHEV SEL have?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.35

Hello everyone,

I need to replace the starter battery of a 2019 outlander PHEV. However, I do not know the battery specifications as I cannot find it anywhere.

If anyone knows please let me know

Thanks in advance!

It should be an AGM battery with at least 45 Ah 325 A that's vented with a gas-vent tube. Yuasa (the original supplier), Enduroline, Optima, and other suppliers offer such.

The original battery's exact model name is Yuasa HJ-S46B24L(S) 12V 45Ah 325A GS Auxiliary AGM Battery.

The engine is started by the front drive motor, using the big Lithium battery.
The auxiliary battery is in the back to support 12V operation. (You may already know that, but used inappropriate terms.)
I'd make sure that a replacement battery is the same battery type as that removed (I thought they were Lead-Acid) so that the charging regime does not need to be altered. Most important is that it will fit in the space provided and has similar terminals.

It should be an AGM battery with at least 45 Ah 325 A that's vented with a gas-vent tube. Yuasa (the original supplier), Enduroline, Optima, and other suppliers offer such.

The original battery's exact model name is Yuasa HJ-S46B24L(S) 12V 45Ah 325A GS Auxiliary AGM Battery.
The Optima I fitted that was a recommended alternative by Tanya batteries is only 36/38AH but works fine. Would've preferred a larger capacity one but when nowt's available... direct drop-in swap tho and in theory will handle deep discharge so perhaps it'll be fine, time will tell.

Yes, lower AH will work, but the battery will last less time and perhaps will have to be changed sooner.
Kinda depends if you sit in ACC for ages and let it go flat, I suppose and of course it'll run out faster than the 45AH one. Otherwise if kept well charged it should do OK and last similar number of years, well assuming the premium price Optima charge is matched by good QC which may no longer be the case.

The engine is started by the front drive motor, using the big Lithium battery.
The auxiliary battery is in the back to support 12V operation. (You may already know that, but used inappropriate terms.)
I'd make sure that a replacement battery is the same battery type as that removed (I thought they were Lead-Acid) so that the charging regime does not need to be altered. Most important is that it will fit in the space provided and has similar terminals.
Rather unnecessarily pedantic and arguably wrong. If the 12v battery is dead then the car won't start - simples! 🙄

From several posts on this topic, it appears the original battery is expensive garbage.

Mine was bad and unavailable as well as being about $450 NZ.

I installed a 42 AH sealed battery Made in China and intended as an off grid solar system storage battery. Screw terminals, in the wrong corners, block of wood needed to clamp down, changed the leads AND $199.

What could possibly be wrong with that. 10months later it is still doing its job just fine. I think the largest load it ever serves if the trunk opener

I was trying to be polite but in fact you merely reveal you are an oaf! 🤣
Apologies to littlescrote (who as I recall, doesn't suffer fools gladly, like me) this was directed to the comment from twosout - so should have read "he is an oaf" 😔

I got this 12V LiFePO4 battery since January 2023 and haven't got any trouble so far, it has 30Ah 770 CCA after the stock battery had some corrosion.

screenshot_2023_04_14_161508_3dfddf9b08773791ad3892e00e64315740838183.jpg

Back