How to use 110 V AC outlet without headlights on

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phevdownunder said:
This should be so simple to achieve. I’ve followed the suggestions on this thread, yet I still can’t work it out.

I have an 2020 Outlander PHEV in Australia and just want to have the car on to run the air conditioning without the daytime running lights on when the car is in park gear and the park brake applied.

I can’t believe this is not an out of the box function.

From what I’m reading I have to put a switch in just to switch off the DRL.

I’m happy with my PHEV except for this.

You need to enable the brake when the car is OFF. Then, without pressing the brake pedal, press the start button which puts the car in ready mode. I think it will work now ... it did for me :)

You need to enable the brake when the car is OFF. Then, without pressing the brake pedal, press the start button which puts the car in ready mode. I think it will work now ... it did for me :)

Without pressing the brake pedal when pressing the start button, I cannot get into any mode that supports switching on the converter...

Thank you for these ideas. I can’t get the app to work, I think the car does not have wifi.

I’ll be contacting Mitsubishi about this app.

For the car in ready mode. Single start button with no break pedal pushed.

The manual isn’t clear on this, does this use the EV battery or the starter battery?

Yes, you have to press the brake in order to put it in ready.
If the parking brake was enabled before I turn the vehicle in READY my DRL do not come on. (electric parking brake 2018)

Coming back to this thread again, as I still haven't been able to work out how to not have the daytime running lights on.

The only way would be to add a switch or remove the fuse. Does anyone know how to do this?

There was an image on this post about that but it must be broken with the forum upgrade.

It depends in which DRL mode it is programmed.
My european MY20 is sadly in the wrong one. I'll try to get my shop to change it with the MUT at the next service.
In the mean time, for camping and car cinemas, I remove the 10A DRL fuse F4 in the main fuse box (engine).
Removal of the DRL relay works too, but is more hassle to remove.
There is no error, just no DRL, so you should turn on the lights for driving during daytime (where needed).
1704312236885.png

Can't you turn off the lights from the controls next to the steering wheel? My Canadian one turns on the DRLs only when the car is moving in Auto mode for lights (or when I force them to ON).

Can't you turn off the lights from the controls next to the steering wheel? My Canadian one turns on the DRLs only when the car is moving in Auto mode for lights (or when I force them to ON).
No, The DRL is running as soon as the car is in READY, even if lights are off and park brake setwhen starting.
The ETACS-ECU setting "DRL function" determines how it works. Can be changed with the MUT-III, but I can't do that myself.

Back