importing phone contacts issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelCakes

hi

I have a sony xperia z2 and I have managed to pair it successfully to the car (Gx4h). I am trying to import my contacts, it says 'contacts successfully imported' but then when I go into the phonebook I am told it is empty.

Any ideas?

The mobile phone book is a separate tab to the vehicle one, you have to enter numbers manually into the vehicle one. Press info select mobile, then press the arrow bottom left then select phonebook, it will now show the vehicle phone book, next to the arrow there is a tab mobile phone book. Press this then all your contacts will be shown providing your phone is connected of course.

The mobile phone system in the PHEV imo is appallingly bad & needs a total overhaul as it is not fit for purpose

Chrismac13 said:
The mobile phone book is a separate tab to the vehicle one, you have to enter numbers manually into the vehicle one. Press info select mobile, then press the arrow bottom left then select phonebook, it will now show the vehicle phone book, next to the arrow there is a tab mobile phone book. Press this then all your contacts will be shown providing your phone is connected of course.

The mobile phone system in the PHEV imo is appallingly bad & needs a total overhaul as it is not fit for purpose

And I'd imagine it is even worse than useless on the 3, without mmc

There is a list of compatible phones that can transfer phonebook data to the PHEV systems in the back of the PHEV user manual.

I was unable to transfer from the Samsung Galaxy S2, but the Samsung Note2 was fine.

The phone contacts of both my Galaxy S5 Android phone and my Nokia Lumia 930 Windows phone are downloaded fine into the MMCS.
I agree that controlling the phone through the touch screen is useless. But I manage fine using the voice control. Although on occasion after a short stop the phones phonebook is not downloaded. A restart of the MMCS fixes that, which also means I have to restart the car.

What I do like is the abiility of using my private phone for spotify and my business phone for phone calls.

It's not a perfect system but in my opinion most systems have their flaws

I was recently given a Samsung NOTE 2 phone and this is one on the compatible list in the manual.

Was able to connect with the PHEV, but gave up trying to import the contacts as a block.

I resorted to manually importing phone book contacts one at a time and saving with a call name. Have to say that as a once off, this has given me a list of regular numbers I may call. Voice recognition seems to be OK, even though it is a bit slow.

Generally the reception of calls works, but the system struggles with making a call. May be deliberate, but will possibly make many drivers resort to using the phone to dial the number. Sort of makes the handsfree system an excuse to satisfy local legislation.

On my IPhone 4S importing en block works fine, but only by using Voice Control. They do not get imported to the vehicle phone book though, so I lose them when using another phone. Reimporting is only a few seconds work, fortunately, but a bit or a wait for the vehicle to munch through the list.

The phone book in the phone comes up but I find the car phonebook can be accessed a bit more easily with the call name function. Have about 1000 contacts, so maybe the MMCS can't deal with that as an import.

Old thread I know but hopefully someone has worked out what to do in this scenario?

Using voice commands I tried to 'Import contacts', 'All Contacts'... etc...
After a while the car says "Import Complete" but then using 'Phone Book', 'List Names' I get a reply telling me it is still empty.

This thread mentions a compatibility list somewhere? I cant find it, is it available online?
If anyone has access to it can they advise if the Samsung S7 Edge is compatible? I am sure it must be.

If it is, can anyone shed any light on why the List remains empty after the alleged 'Import Successful' (I do have around 200 contacts on the phone).

2015 GX4h...

Many thanks

Back