Rear Bumper Construction

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MackV12

Whilst reversing into a charge bay I hit a 7ft post. Muppet.

Bumper now sports a 12cm crack. Anyone know what type of plastic the bumper is made of? Some of them are repairable, if it is the right plastic.

Reason I am not throwing it at the insurance company is a high excess and my no claims is NOT protected.

MackV12 said:
Whilst reversing into a charge bay I hit a 7ft post. Muppet.

Bumper now sports a 12cm crack. Anyone know what type of plastic the bumper is made of? Some of them are repairable, if it is the right plastic.

Reason I am not throwing it at the insurance company is a high excess and my no claims is NOT protected.

Reversing camera huh? I'm thinking of asking my dealer about getting reversing sensors fitted as kissed a concrete post at the weekend. It was just off to one side and not visible on the screen. You can't be looking around for pedestrians etc and watching the screen

On balance I'd opt for sensors over a camera now.

Hi

I have also managed to crack my rear bumper after reversing into something in the dark.

I did manage to get it repaired rather than replaced, so it is possible.

SS - thanks for the confirmation. Now booked the car in with my mate who owns a bodyshop.

That will save on my no-claims and will be less than the excess on the insurance premium.

KP - I like the idea of reversing sensors but the fitted towbar means they won't work on my car.

Back