jazzenator

I never get full regen or power

Hi Guys
I have noticed that I never get full regen indication on my phev even if the battery is nearly depleted. Not do I get full power on stomping on the accelerator pedal in normal mode.
Any reasons why I don't get this?
Thanks
jaapv

Re: I never get full regen or power

It is just the way the dial is calibrated. For max regen set the car to B5 and hit the brakes ...;)
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013
maby

jaapv wrote:It is just the way the dial is calibrated. For max regen set the car to B5 and hit the brakes ...;)
Indeed. If I remember correctly, the tacho on our Landcruiser is calibrated up to 6000 RPM, but I've never seen it get anywhere near that.
jaapv

Actually, the bar display in the MMCS will go all the way.
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013
Neverfuel

Just the same as the speedometer displays a greater speed on the dial than the car is limited to (106 mph). People get frightened when dials reach their limits - think back to the steam age and boiler pressures. Aircraft dials do the same thing for the same reason.
Pearlescent White GX4HS from 30 April 2015
jazzenator

I thought it might be something to do with the calibration. However, the other day I hit the brakes on my mums phev and the recahrge swung all the way to full.
There are certain videos on YouTube especially the 0-60 ones when some the guys show full power use.
Neverfuel

jazzenator wrote:Hi Guys
I have noticed that I never get full regen indication on my phev even if the battery is nearly depleted. Not do I get full power on stomping on the accelerator pedal in normal mode.
Thanks
jazzenator wrote:I thought it might be something to do with the calibration. However, the other day I hit the brakes on my mums phev and the recahrge swung all the way to full.
There are certain videos on YouTube especially the 0-60 ones when some the guys show full power use.
Surely Jazzenator the two quotes above contradict each other? :roll:
jazzenator

Neverfuel wrote:
jazzenator wrote:Hi Guys
Thanks
jazzenator wrote:I thought it might be something to do with the calibration. However, the other day I hit the brakes on my mums phev and the recahrge swung all the way to full.
Surely Jazzenator the two quotes above contradict each other? :roll:

Ah I see. I should be a little bit more clear. My mother has a Gx3 and I have a Gx4h.
I thought that the reason why my car was not indicating full regen was because of calibration reasons until I drove my mothers gx3 which indicated full regen. I hope this clarifies things.
Neverfuel

Hard to tell then, different cars; different B settings; different SOC; different battery temps; possibly even different driving techniques bearing in mind you were not driving your own car so things like seating position & steering wheel angle, plus different road conditions may be the answer. It would have to be a controlled test to point to a conclusion.
gwatpe

I have had the REGEN push the needle to the end stop, where the needle stops rapidly. REGEN was very aggressive. MAX regen seems to be dependent on the vehicle loading. I see more regen with a fully loaded car and towing a loaded trailer. I have seen 60kW on the MMCS, the full dial as blue. With only a driver and no load, the regen seems to peak at 50kW. Might still be related to acceleration, as more REGEN will be needed to decelerate a fully loaded PHEV than an empty one.
8kW Solar Self Use, 16kWh 24V LYP battery, 3.3kW Battery Inverter
PHEV Solar Recharging Station
1.7kW Solar Grid connect

Make the GRID your friend.

Return to “Technical Discussions”