Dash cam wiring advice

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzenator

Hi guys.
I have bought a dash cam and was wondering what the best mounting and wiring options are.
I was hoping to mount it on the black dot matrix but the suction cup does not attach well. It is a shame as it would have blended in with the mirror quite well there. Does anyone have any other good locations mount it?
Also I am wondering whether I should get it hardwired or should just use it off the cigarette lighter with the cable routed hidden in the surrounding trim.
I am not planning on keeping the car longer than 18months and would like to port my camera to the next car.
Any helpful thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.
Many thanks
Jimmy

I succkered mine to the left of the 'dotty area' and led the cable to the left A pillar, down behind the doorway edge trim, into the main glove box (I had to buy an extension from Fleabay as my supplied wire was far too short.from the glove box tucked under centre console and between that and the passenger sat terminating in the socket in the centre arm rest.
Only bit of wire I can see is where it leaves the screen surround and goes round the A pillar into the doorway trim.
Seemples!

Ours came with a double backed tape 8083. Behind the mirror stuck on the dotty stuff.

You cannot really see it from the outside and definitely not from the inside.

I love the way the Mitsi people thrash you r car around saying that it is a bit of shit during a service :twisted:

NAPpy

Oh, trough the roof lining, down the pillar and behind the glove box and just plugged into the lighter socket.

jazzenator said:
Hi guys.
I have bought a dash cam and was wondering what the best mounting and wiring options are.
I was hoping to mount it on the black dot matrix but the suction cup does not attach well. It is a shame as it would have blended in with the mirror quite well there. Does anyone have any other good locations mount it?
Also I am wondering whether I should get it hardwired or should just use it off the cigarette lighter with the cable routed hidden in the surrounding trim.
I am not planning on keeping the car longer than 18months and would like to port my camera to the next car.
Any helpful thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.
Many thanks
Jimmy
If you fart around a bit with double sided sticky materials it is quite possible to get a good hold on the black dot matrix. I used a sandwich with a silicone-rubber compatible doublesided tape for the suction cup and a doublesided glass adhesive foam tape on the windscreen side. A matter of experimenting. The electrics the same as NAPpy with a three-socket adapter.

Back