Firmware updates

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my dealer to download the Remote Control app onto my new Nokia 6 phone, which he did without any problem.
He then tried to register the phone to the car and this proved unsuccessful because the phone is too new.
When he checked the firmware level I believe he said the car was currently at version 19 and the current version is 50(I may have misunderstood this).

Do you think I would be inviting problems if I asked for the firmware to be updated?
My vehicle is the 4H registered September 2014 and the dealer said the phone may still not connect to the car even after the update.

Any advice from those who understand this stuff, will be gratefully accepted.

You may need to turn off mobile data in order for the app to connect to the car, remembering to re-enable mobile data once you've done whatever you need to do.

You also may need to delete/un-register all old phones before the new one will be accepted. I believe there is a limit to the number of devices that the car can accommodate.

No idea about the car's firmware.

Only 2 phones can connect, and you have to faff about in a really awkward way to deregister old ones. The dealer should know that though, and if I recall correctly the app tells you if you already have 2 phones registered. I think there are 3 versions of the app, you need the original one for your car.

Back