Rear View Camera

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rettoc

Does anyone have issues with the rear view camera when in reverse?
I have noticed that the guide lines sometimes do not appear unless I take it out of reverse and put it back in (sometimes more than once) and also the acoustic sounders have not worked at all :?:

hi, I believe that the upgrade from the lowest entry means adding the camera, but losing the reversing sensors... which is a shame, both would have been nice (and on the front too, while I am at it!)

Rettoc,

i have noticed the lack of guide lines and found that it happens when the "system" is booting, once the electronics are on then they can overlay the guide lines.

Hi
I thought the guidelines appeared if the car sees some parking space lines. Perhaps I'm crediting it with too much sense!
H

I love all of our different ideas of when they come up... I too sometimes have them not appear, in fact more often than not if I had to be honest.

I was under impression they didn't appear until something was sensed close enough to be of use. For instance I just reversed down my parents driveway, and they didn't appear until it got narrow and I had to line it up. It could just be timing? I'm not sure...

This got me baffled for a while but then I figured out and found one of the stupidest features of the PHEV.
Everytime when you turn on PHEV MMCS boots up with some flashy display and then brings up a message saying "Please drive carefully, bluh bluh bluh...." (Don't know if this is any different in European spec vehicles, that's what happens in Aussie spec vehicles.)
This message remains there for a while with a darkened out OK button on left bottom side of the screen and then this OK button lights up. Then you have to hit that OK button, put it in reverse and guidelines are there. If you don't wait and hit OK, they never appear. Hitting OK button when it is darkened out is pointles, it doesn't work. Above process takes quite a while (feels like at least a minute, didn't time it) and is really annoying. I just wanna put it in reverse and drive out of my garage right away using the guide lines because I have a steep and narrow drive way. But hey no! you have wait for that silly message to appear and OK to be highlighted.

I never press okay, just let the message go away by itself. I still get the lines but not all the time. Like Hypermiler I'd assumed the grid lines only appear when there are obstructions nearby.

You should get them all the time, the car does not analyze the content of the rear view. It is just slow.
It is after all a computer on four wheels, so it does need time to boot. More like Windoze than Mac though....

I noticed a red line, perpendicular to the giude lines, but only on some occassions. Anyone else seem this and know what it means?! I'm pretty sure it didn't represent the end of the car........

jaapv said:
You should get them all the time, the car does not analyze the content of the rear view. It is just slow.
It is after all a computer on four wheels, so it does need time to boot. More like Windoze than Mac though....
I had to look for the right illustration of the post - I knew I had it somewhere... :ugeek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1wDq_HfX8&list=UUjXOFt5PwuaIuTGliIVQOVw

Hi
I believe the red line is to tell you the space needed to open the boot. I parked near to a post today (in an ecotricity space in fact), within the red guideline, and the first time I opened the tailgate I had to bash it with my arm to stop it as was worried it would hit the post. Then my other half said "it'll be fine" and opened it - well, it missed the post by less than an inch, I was having kittens. So, maybe the red line works, but I'd give it a bit of a margin for tall posts!
cheers
H

Ahh, very clever it that's what it does. My BMW doesn't do that! You said you hit the boot with your arm, presumably to stop it opening, which prompts another question…. How to stop it opening in an emergency (like it's gonna hit something) or more importantly how to stop it closing in an emergency (if for example the dog decides to poke his foot out after the boot has started closing, as it does close quite slowly!).

Cheers.

The emergency stop comes in and reverses the movement as soon as it senses some impediment. It is enough to block it with your hand.

DrSlackBladder said:
Ahh, very clever it that's what it does. My BMW doesn't do that! You said you hit the boot with your arm, presumably to stop it opening, which prompts another question…. How to stop it opening in an emergency (like it's gonna hit something) or more importantly how to stop it closing in an emergency (if for example the dog decides to poke his foot out after the boot has started closing, as it does close quite slowly!).

Cheers.

Much like jaapv, mine reverses when it senses an obstruction. Having said that, of course if that 'obstruction' is a post and it's on the outside, it's going to hit and cause some damage...

Back