How do you actually Update the Software

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apyds

I tried to update the software yesterday. Like others have described on this forum it got to 50%, whirred for at least 10 mins at 50% and then I got a lost connection error (although my android tablet was still connected to the car). I tired again and it got stuck at about 40% and then 32%. Then I gave up.

Fortunately, it does not seem to have affected the car at all (unlike the other thread on here). I appreciate some on here are dead against updating the software, however, I would like to give it a shot. Has anyone actually managed to update the software on the car? Am I doing something wrong?

Yes I have updated the software with no issues. On 3G data and connected the the can on WIFI. It took about 15 minutes in total. Worked just following the screen instructions. Very happy with the Outlander and getting great economy.

KiwiPHEV said:
Yes I have updated the software with no issues. On 3G data and connected the the can on WIFI. It took about 15 minutes in total. Worked just following the screen instructions. Very happy with the Outlander and getting great economy.

But surely it should not require 3G to update. The Wifi was connected to the car and it updated upto 50% whilst connected to the car wifi (i.e. with no internet). Are the updates not just downloaded onto the android device and then transferred from the android device to the car? I am sure my android tablet updated the PHEV app and I thought that is why the update was then required on the car.

apyds said:
KiwiPHEV said:

But surely it should not require 3G to update. The Wifi was connected to the car and it updated upto 50% whilst connected to the car wifi (i.e. with no internet). Are the updates not just downloaded onto the android device and then transferred from the android device to the car? I am sure my android tablet updated the PHEV app and I thought that is why the update was then required on the car.

That is my understanding too. Updating the app on Android also downloads the car update at the same time so it can be applied without Internet.

apyds said:
KiwiPHEV said:

Yes, you are right updates are just downloaded onto the whatever the wireless device thru the net and then transferred to PHEV using WIFI. I did it using my Samsung Galaxy II, it worked quite well.

Update worked OK for me, followed the instructions from the app, it stopped at 56% and said to reconnect to the wifi, did that and the update completed successfully. Question: Does anyone know what the update if for :?:

Back