Blind Spot Warning (BWS) Fault

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weller

I have a 2018 model and until a week ago my blind spot warning system was working perfectly. Now, after driving for about 5 minutes, it flashes on the dash that’s it’s been temporarily disabled, but the drivers side wing mirror still illuminates when activated but with no audible warning, and the passenger side is inactive. Turning the BWS off and on again with the button doesn’t seem to help either... I’ve tried with several intervals of it being turned off.

I first though it was dirt on the camera so I’ve cleaned all of these but to no avail. Is there another sensor I could try cleaning or anyone got some other advice to help me out?

Thanks is advance guys!

I think I read (or it may have been a dream) that BWS is achieved by radar.
If that's correct, cleaning the cameras won'y do much for you.
No idea where the sensors might be.

There are radar sensors just behind the rear bumper below the rear lights in each corner which I guess work for rear traffic movement and Blind Spot Warning

Cobb said:
There are radar sensors just behind the rear bumper below the rear lights in each corner which I guess work for rear traffic movement and Blind Spot Warning

Cheers! I’ll give the bumper a wipe and hope that removing some dirt helps...

My 2018 PHEV is not giving any warning when changing lane., or backing up. Is it something expensive to get repaired? My rear bumper is very clean.

It was simpler than that… The button ahead of the console was pushed by accident, canceling the option. Pushing it back, the system is now working and cost nothing.

Andrev said:
It was simpler than that… The button ahead of the console was pushed by accident, canceling the option. Pushing it back, the system is now working and cost nothing.

Where is the button?
I haven't seen it on my 2019 PHEV GT.

Rear sensors are right on the corner of the car behind the bumper cover. Front sensors are same as the parking sensors, but again are the most outside ones.

a parking knock to the rear can damage the bracket or radar sensor itself. Front ones can get dirty.

Easy enough to diagnose what is faulty using MUT3 diagnostic tool that the dealers have

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
Rear sensors are right on the corner of the car behind the bumper cover. Front sensors are same as the parking sensors, but again are the most outside ones.

a parking knock to the rear can damage the bracket or radar sensor itself. Front ones can get dirty.

Easy enough to diagnose what is faulty using MUT3 diagnostic tool that the dealers have

Can I do this with the obd2 adapter? What app?

Back