Marvin089

Heater not working

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 am

For a while now my heater will warm up the car for the first 20 minutes or so, then just cool air come through thereafter.

The dealer has had a look at the issue but to no avail.

Does anyone have a similar problem??

PrairieFire

Re: Heater not working

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 pm

I do seem to have a similar issue with my 2018 Canadian model. I bought it used earlier this week. I think it has some correlation to when the ICE heater kicks in, at least in my case. Blows ice cold air while the ICE is running, then warms up when back to EV. Did you ever get your problem resolved?

scrappydoo

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:48 am

Marvin089 wrote:For a while now my heater will warm up the car for the first 20 minutes or so, then just cool air come through thereafter.

The dealer has had a look at the issue but to no avail.

Does anyone have a similar problem??
Hi.

Had my 65 plate GX4h for about 2 weeks now and I'm experiencing the exact same problem It's driving me nuts. Warms up for about 15-20 mins then goes cool. Even with the heating controls set at 28 degrees, I've measured the air temperature from the vents at 17/18 degrees. Seems to be when the electrical heater has turned off and it switches to ICE.

Has anyone resolved this?

vluong0403

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 am

Are you using ECO mode? I found that in ECO mode, my 2018 PHEV (Canadian version) exhibits the similar heating issue.

scrappydoo

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:14 am

vluong0403 wrote:Are you using ECO mode? I found that in ECO mode, my 2018 PHEV (Canadian version) exhibits the similar heating issue.
Hi vluong. Thank you for your reply.

No, I'm using comfort mode. I had a similar thought and switched to comfort mode. Again this morning, after about 20 mins, the electric heater switched off and it went cool when on ICE heating. I actually found the cabin warmer if I turned the heater panel off.

Coming from a Ford vehicle where the heater would make you sweat, I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

May have to look at taking it to Mitsubishi and ask them to take a look.

PrairieFire

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 am

In my case, after taking mine in to the dealership for the 3rd time they found a crushed coolant line. 2018 Canadian model. I would check to make sure you don't have any kinks or take it in to get it looked at. The coolant lines that were crushed on mine were under the vehicle (not very protected), we figure it was done by a improperly placed hoist before I purchased it. They replaced the pipe and it heats great now. I also came from a "sweaty ford" and live in Winnipeg, Canada FWIW.

richr

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 am

On the UK PHEV Facebook group there's been a discussion recently about a filter inside a coolant pipe that can get clogged, leading to a lack of heating. It's a relatively easy job to clamp the coolant hoses, remove the filter and clean it, then refit.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))

Siggie

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I've been having the opposite heating issue.

preheating the cabin works fine.

After drive with EV only it doesnt get hot. If I have it on auto and high(32 degrees) Ill get heat after 4-5 mins after turning the car on. But turns off suddenly after 2-3 mins. After that it doesnt blow any hot air. If I max the fan and max heat. It will blow out cold to warmish air. If I turn the engine on the ICE heater works great. Also running comfort mode and not ECO.

Anyone have any suggesting?

I checked with the dealer and they don't have a clue. Wanted me to leave the car for a week or so for them to look into it.

BIKERMGA

Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:43 pm

Have a 2019 and have been driving it for one month in Canada. It seems impossible to get the car warm even when set to 24 or 25 degrees. Have to use the seat warmers, and it is not even cold outside - around 6 degrees Celsius. This seems to be a problem with this PHEV car.
2019 Sterling Silver GT
Owned since November 2019
Lives in Surrey, BC, Canada (40 minutes south of Vancouver)
Retired drug dealer

Rustybolts

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:34 pm

We just bought a 2019, can't seem to get the vehicle warm in cold weather either.

Return to “Technical Discussions”